Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello El Bandido,
    I do not understand very well .
    I just made an online update for the driver
    (I unplugged the MIO4K after 20 minutes because it was left with the update message without restarting itself)
    after reconnecting the MIO4K it has restarted normally and in the information appears with the driver 2021 01 07
    and the 5.9.0 kernel ??
    it's amazing
    why the update is not done ?if it doesn't work online, how can i do it by myself?

stephan94
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no 5.9 kernel on the TNAP-4 server, so try flashing the image. Do this:

Backup your settings
    Put Good Blank or Empty usb drive in the receiver
    Select Flash image in the receiver (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
    Select the Tnap-4 06-02-2021 and press the OK button on the remote.
    Select the correct image slot (with backup). Press the OK buitton on the remote.
    Wait 5-10 minutes for the image to flash and restore settings.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks ViP3R, stephan94 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much ,
    it worked perfectly.
    I was with the first version of Tnap 4.0
    that's why it didn't work.
    have a good day

But as I understand it now T2MI works all the time?
    it is no longer necessary to switch from "NoT2MI" to "T2MI"
    like we did before.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct.
    These are T2MI Drivers.

8. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan94 View Post
    Thank you so much ,
    it worked perfectly.
    I was with the first version of Tnap 4.0
    that's why it didn't work.
    have a good day

But as I understand it now T2MI works all the time?
    it is no longer necessary to switch from "NoT2MI" to "T2MI"
    like we did before.
    Be sure to remove any T2MI or Non-T2MI plugins before flashing. If you have installed these plugins and do not remove them, then system restore will Install them again.
    To remove plugins:
    Menu---> then press red remote button (see below).

Delete the T2MI and Non-T2Mi then re-flash the image. On your About page, It looks like you flashed the image with the Non-T2MI plugin installed and system restore installed it!

10. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's annoying I just reinstalled everything, including the plugins or skins that are not recognized by the MIO4K
    is it really essential?
    when I uninstall the "NOT2MI" the "T2MI" appears next to Kernel version 5.12
    and we cannot uninstall it or else it is removed but the indication next to 5.12 is still there

on the other hand the blindscan always works well (including with the small sr close to each other)

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The indication next to 5.12 is still there because the "About" file has not been changed. I will fix that later, and will update the extra T2MI plugin later today. The T2MI driver that is in the extra feeds now is the old T2MI driver and should be removed.

14. Thanks Megatron817, MikeB, stephan94, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, stephan94 liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the update server OK? I just reinstalled TNAP 4.0 from the last multiboot image to (hopefully) fix the problem of the time reverting to 1970 (that at least four people other than me on SatelliteGuys are having since the last update) and when I tried to update from the network again, after rebooting it was still only indicating TNAP 2021-02-20 and Enigma2 2021-02-14. I tried the network update again and this time it only downloaded one more file, but when rebooting it got stuck on "boot". I pulled the power and it booted normally, but still only on the un-updated version. I also note that the kernel version still says NO-T2MI. Before my prior re-load to fix the wifi, I had a system fully updated to this month or last, including the latest T2MI driver. I haven't done anything different.

16. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Is the update server OK? I just reinstalled TNAP 4.0 from the last multiboot image to (hopefully) fix the problem of the time reverting to 1970 (that at least four people other than me on SatelliteGuys are having since the last update) and when I tried to update from the network again, after rebooting it was still only indicating TNAP 2021-02-20 and Enigma2 2021-02-14. I tried the network update again and this time it only downloaded one more file, but when rebooting it got stuck on "boot". I pulled the power and it booted normally, but still only on the un-updated version. I also note that the kernel version still says NO-T2MI. Before my prior re-load to fix the wifi, I had a system fully updated to this month or last, including the latest T2MI driver. I haven't done anything different.
    I can't answer your question, but I am one of the people with TNAP 4.0, where NTP time suddenly is not keeping proper time anymore. I finally gave up on that, and am now using transponder time, specifically, the Bars & Tone channel on AFN 3900 V DVB-S2 8psk 27500 2/3 as a startup service. It now once again keeps perfect time using that.

I believe that NTP time is for some reason, suddenly not working right only IF you keep your Mio in Standby, when you aren't specifically using it. Not sure why it's doing that again all of a sudden, as I haven't updated my Mio for a couple months.

I have full view of my Mio's front screen while sitting in my living room chair, and I could see the clock suddenly change to a totally random time for NO REASON. This only happened while it was in Standby mode. It might happen multiple times a day, then not happen for a while. Oh, and my Mio is hardwired to my router, which is only 2 feet away from it, and my router keeps perfect time.

This is the image I am using:

Last edited by MikeB; 07-26-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything about the operations of TNAP that is discussed at SatelliteGuys or other forums may not be seen or known about! It is hard enough to keep up with one forum. Searching the Internet for issues with TNAP is not a good option. Post any complaints, suggestions, or comments that you want to be known about the operations of TNAP on this site because this is where the image is assembled.

The best thing to do before doing any updates or upgrades is to make a full image backup using the backupsuite plugin. Doing this makes sense because it gives a complete restore point. If you cannot backup the whole image, at least backup and save the settings.

Loading a TNAP image dated 2021-02-20 then trying to update it online would most likely result in failure. There were several hundred package changes between what was available in 2021-02-20, and what is on the server now. A lot of things changed in 4 months. It is a good idea to flash to a newer image and not try to update a several month old image online. You can expect failure when you do this.

Images from May are available in the forum. These images should work well, and should not have any time issues. Links to these images are below.

There is a test image on the server that can be flashed. Since it is a Test image, it may not work the way you would like. I do not suggest flashing it.

What is on the TNAP 4.0 server should work fine with the May image that is available for downloading in the forums. A newer version of TNAP should be available in the next few weeks.

19. Thanks stephan94, MikeB, ViP3R, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, norman881 liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast