TNAP-4 Images for OSMIO4K - 20201221 - Discussion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Discuss this Topic here.

Link To Files: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by el bandido; 12-20-2020 at 11:07 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you El Bandido for a great update!

3. Thanks el bandido, stephan94 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I found a bug but when I blind scanned 101W all vertical transponders except for the ones below 3800 were found. Horizontal transponders and services scanned in just fine. Then I tried scanning using the manual scan feature and I was able to scan in the missing vertical transponders and services (i.e. H&I East and West, Start TV East and West, MeTV, MeTV Alt, Decades, and Movies!) on 101W. Near as I can tell, this only happens on 101W.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that the osmio4k turns off all by itself on occasion. I was moving through the menus and suddenly the box turned off. I don't remember this happening with TNAP 3.2.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A blindscan of 101w seems normal to me, and the complete results are attached. Maybe check your receiver and/or dish alignment?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have been running different versions of TNAP-4 for months. There was nothing added to the version 4 image that would make the receiver turn off for no reason, and I have not seen or heard of anyone experiencing this problem. Have you added any new devices lately? It is possible another device in the home that uses infrared is causing your receiver to turn off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. Likes MikeB liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My signal strength (SNR) for OTA stations shows about 20 to 30 percent stronger with TNAP 4, has anyone else noticed this? I usually show a signal strength in the lower 70s on my local AntennaTV feed when using TNAP 3.2 but on TNAP 4 it's in the upper 90s.
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navagator View Post
    My signal strength (SNR) for OTA stations shows about 20 to 30 percent stronger with TNAP 4, has anyone else noticed this? I usually show a signal strength in the lower 70s on my local AntennaTV feed when using TNAP 3.2 but on TNAP 4 it's in the upper 90s.
    What does your tv set show for the same channels? Regardless, ALL signal strengths for ALL devices aren't really calibrated to any particular agreed standard. For instance, my Tivo Roamio shows 72% maximum signal strength on OTA stations that are actually 100%. In that case, it's a known firmware bug they just can't/won't fix.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navagator View Post
    Signal strength and SNR are measured two different ways, SNR is usually used for audio measurements, this SNR is measured with a known calibrated RF signal from an RF generator for 100 % RF saturation of the receivers RF tuner at 100% audio output with a dual tone audio signal, then the audio is muted at the generator, the remaining audio noise is the SNR value measured in dB, so an SNR of -75 dB would be good.

Now true RF signal strength of any RF receiver is usually measured at the tuners RSSI output voltage from the RF decoder chip, this is usually a milli-volt level DC voltage, the receivers internal software takes this voltage as it is applied into an A to D converter and gives you some sort of signal indication on the screen,

So lets say a 100 mV RF input would equal to 100% of signal input (S reading on the screen), reducing the signal by 10 mV the software would say that 90 mV RSSI would equal 90% S, 80 mV would equal 80% S and so forth.

So in reality the S reading does not mean very much as far as a calibrated RF signal measurement, it could vary as much as 10% between receivers using different versions of software.

Now if you could find the RSSI voltage output of the tuners and be able to accurately measure it, then you would have a true comparison between two different receivers/software's.

11. Likes mariomtz liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eelstrebor View Post
    I don't know if I found a bug but when I blind scanned 101W all vertical transponders except for the ones below 3800 were found. Horizontal transponders and services scanned in just fine. Then I tried scanning using the manual scan feature and I was able to scan in the missing vertical transponders and services (i.e. H&I East and West, Start TV East and West, MeTV, MeTV Alt, Decades, and Movies!) on 101W. Near as I can tell, this only happens on 101W.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that the osmio4k turns off all by itself on occasion. I was moving through the menus and suddenly the box turned off. I don't remember this happening with TNAP 3.2.
    I just wanted to confirm that the blind scan on 101W is a bug. I just flashed my other box that is connected to a different antenna and the same issue exists with it. I'm getting 13 dB SNR on this antenna (KTI CKD-12) while the other antenna (TEK2000 12 footer) is getting 17.5 dB SNR.

Turns out that I had the same problem on 105W for transponders under 3800. 14 dB SNR on 3712V.
    Last edited by eelstrebor; 01-01-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

13. Thanks el bandido, Helios thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year! Thanks El Bandido for this update! Looks nice and installed without any problem. Now I'm trying to enable T2MI (for the channels on 40.5W) like I had done on TNAP 3.2, I installed the "t2mi module" plugin and rebooted, but it's not working (does not detect the T2mi services) and when I go to Information-About it still shows that the kernel is 5.90 (no T2MI). Am I missing something or it is not possible to enable T2MI on that version?
    Last edited by brct203; 01-01-2021 at 04:48 PM.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eelstrebor View Post
    I just wanted to confirm that the blind scan on 101W is a bug. I just flashed my other box that is connected to a different antenna and the same issue exists with it. I'm getting 13 dB SNR on this antenna (KTI CKD-12) while the other antenna (TEK2000 12 footer) is getting 17.5 dB SNR.

Turns out that I had the same problem on 105W for transponders under 3800. 14 dB SNR on 3712V.
    There is no blindscan bug that I can see or where I can find anyone else in the world reporting that transponders below 3800 MHz cannot be found in a Blindscan. TNAP-4 uses the same binary file to activate blindscan as the rest of the world uses. The blindscan binary file is provided by Edision and is closed source. The same blindscan binary file is used in ALL images that support Edision MIO/MIO+ blindscan.

The Blindscan plugin acts as an interface for the blindscan binary file. Scan parameters can be set in the Blindscan plugin, and sets the blindscan binary scan parameters. There is not really a way to set a couple of satellites to not Blindscan below 3800 MHz. It could be done with some fancy coding, but that is about the only way. Some entries in the Blindscan plugin are remembered, and others are not. For example, the symbol rate values will be stored in the Blindscan plugin once a scan has started, but the c band frequencies will not.

These are the transponders that are returned for me tonight for 105w:

My Blindscan plugin is set like this:

TNAP images record what is found in a blindscan and makes a report of the scan. Records may give a clue as to what the problem or issue for your particular system is, but they cannot be seen unless they are uploaded here as an attachment. Scan reports will default to the receivers /tmp folder. Scan reports can be saved in usb drive that is attached to the receiver if a folder named "ServiceScan" is created on the usb Or hdd drive. This is what a Scan Report looks like when viewed using notepad++:

I will be glad to assist you with any problems you may have, but really I have no clue on your blindscan issues without some kind of information that can be looked at and studied. Just guessing at what the problem may be, I would say you have changed the Blindscan plugin settings from default, which is causing you to miss transponders.

16. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, mc6809e liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast