Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The SystemTime was probably the most misunderstood item in TNAP. The Edision MIO receivers have an excellent Real Time Clock or RTC. My tests have shown the RTC in the MIO receivers do not need to be synced more than once a week. Syncing the time every 5 minutes using the SystemTime plugin may cause more problems than it solves --especially since the RTC in the MIO receivers works well.

The SystemTime Plugin was eliminated some time ago (last quarter for 2020). This plugin stayed in TNAP, and at one point may have caused time issues for some because of coding conflicts. The SystemTime Plugin will be deleted in TNAP 4.1 because its features are embedded in the image. Hopefully this will cause less confusion about how to set the receiver up so it will keep correct time.

Here is how I had SystemTime set:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is what the next TNAP will have:

This image should be available soon.

2. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, MikeB, ViP3R, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Loading a TNAP image dated 2021-02-20 then trying to update it online would most likely result in failure. There were several hundred package changes between what was available in 2021-02-20, and what is on the server now. A lot of things changed in 4 months. It is a good idea to flash to a newer image and not try to update a several month old image online. You can expect failure when you do this.

Images from May are available in the forum.
    OK, this one was definitely my fault! I thought I had put the May image on the USB stick I was using to flash, but it was the older one. I was looking at the date on the USB force install version, not the multiboot version.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The SystemTime was probably the most misunderstood item in TNAP. The Edision MIO receivers have an excellent Real Time Clock or RTC. My tests have shown the RTC in the MIO receivers do not need to be synced more than once a week. Syncing the time every 5 minutes using the SystemTime plugin may cause more problems than it solves --especially since the RTC in the MIO receivers works well.

The SystemTime Plugin was eliminated some time ago (last quarter for 2020). This plugin stayed in TNAP, and at one point may have caused time issues for some because of coding conflicts. The SystemTime Plugin will be deleted in TNAP 4.1 because its features are embedded in the image. Hopefully this will cause less confusion about how to set the receiver up so it will keep correct time.
    I wasn't syncing it every 5 minutes, I was only syncing it once a day. Even so, any time (since the last online update) I put the receiver into standby, the time would reset to January 1970 at some apparently-random time from a few minutes to a few hours later.

The only thing I see different between your settings and mine is that I had "NTP cold start" set to On instead of Off.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like there have been two changes in the TNAP dvb time files. The first change fixed some problems that had existed for some months or years, while the second change which was around May 2021 probably allowed some problems to creep back in. A lot of users in other parts of the world set the time using transponder instead of internet. Transponder time in North America is "Hit or Miss" with it working great for some users, but creating problems for other users.

The biggest difference in time between a normal home computer and the MIO fta receiver is the home computer has a battery to help with time syncs during reboots, sleep mode, restarts, or power failures. The MIO does not have a battery, so it needs to be time-synced during restarts. We will see about changing the dvb time files again to fix the problems that have been discussed here in the past few days.

It is important to remember that TNAP is put together at this forum. If you have problem(s) and do not list them here, then it may be some months or even longer before any attempt is made to fix the problem.

8. Thanks MikeB, Megatron817, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, norman881 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloaded this morning and now running TNAP 4.1. I will switch to standby when not using my Mio+ to see if the time is kept accurately. Time for me was always accurate for me with TNAP4.0 except when I switched to standby.

Added: Within an hour, the time on the front of the Mio+ had jumped many hours. I switched on the receiver and it seemed to correct itself without my doing anything. I am changing the Time Synchronization Method from Auto to Internet (NTP). My Internet is very reliable. Let's see if this helps.
    Last edited by cyberham; 08-07-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

10. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the time was wrong again. So I turned on the receiver. The date shows Wednesday, December 31, 1969. So the clock issue seems not to be fixed unless there is some other configuration that needs to be changed. I will just leave the receiver on for now so the time remains accurate.

One new problem with this image is that the menu to force a time update has been removed. So I now have no way to force an immediate time update other than to restart the receiver.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

12. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post about TNAP 4.1 Here::[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This thread is for TNAP 4.0.

Thanks.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello el bandido
    I haven't sent a message for a very long time because I moved.
    Now I am starting over.
    I just noticed that T2MI no longer works and that there is no longer the possibility (as in the old versions) to load the T2MI plugin.
    Is there a solution?
    This is the version I'm working with:
    have a good day
    stephan94
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello El bandido
    after updating TNAP 4.0 using the "software update" method
    T2MIs are now working perfectly.
    only side effect after the update;
    when calling up version information in MIo4K
    we get a nice green screen error ?!

Have a good day

Stephan94
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

17. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the T2MI drivers are changed using the plugins, the About page is also changed. So the About page needs to be updated in the T2MI-Non-T2MI plugins...

19. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast