Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Great! I used the USB method and Forced the update. The wizard worked and Mio+ is now talking to me again. TNAP 4.0 is installed. I have some work reconfiguring the satellites and settings but I'm not complaining. Thanks for the help.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5, 1-metre motorized dish (81W to 150W+), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Elbandido

I find the bootlogo very successful
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    deleted
    Last edited by eelstrebor; 12-27-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: wrong thread
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, good morning, I would like to know what is the process to install oscam emu in TNAP 4.0.

Sorry if by asking this question I break the rules, it is not my intention.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Online updates are available for Edision Mio, Mio+, and Mini4k receivers running TNAP-4 images. These updates are routine in nature, and how many updates are available will depend on the receiver and what is installed in it.
    These additions have been made:
    (1) Satellites.xml has 83w c band in it. This entry also includes a list of recently scanned transponders.
    (2) C band LNB L.O. 5750 has been added to antenna setup.
    (3) C band LNB L.O. 5750 has been added to the blindscan plugin.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, ViP3R, MikeB, mc6809e, Titanium, skink thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Edision OS Mio 4K+ Is not keeping time…a while after having the correct time set via NTP (not transponder) the time flips to some time in January 1970. The correct time is not sticking.

Firmware is updated to TNAP 4.0 2021-02-20, Enigma 2021-04-24, Kernel 5.12.0.

Internet (via Ethernet) is solid. I’ve tried some of the obvious possibilities like rebooting and trying some of the system time menu options. Setting NTP update to 30 minutes helps but that shouldn’t be the solution.

A few options are not clear to me although they seemed to have no effect noticeable to me:

- NTP cold start
    - Use RTC time from deep standby

The major impact of the problem is that the front panel time is usually wrong but obviously incorrect internal time will have other effects. I acknowledge that the solution, as is often true, might be obvious. Everything else is working well.

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's clear these up first:
    NTP = Network Time Protocol
    RTC = Real Time Clock

NTP cold start Tells the receiver to access the internet and get the time while booting.
    Use RTC time from deep standby Tells the receiver to use the internal clock

I find the internal clock in the MIO receivers to be extremely accurate, and do not bother to sync the time to the internet for days due to the accuracy of the RTC. Some users sync the time (NTP) every 5 minutes thinking the box will keep more accurate time that way. In reality, the RTC in the MIO does not need to be synced with NTP for days!

If you updated online, and are suddenly having problem with tuners, the time, or basically anything else that was working correctly before the online update, then use Flash image to flash the whole image. The image was updated and installed for anyone to download as shown here:

The best way to flash the updated image is to insert a good correctly formatted usb stick into the receiver, select any of the 4 image slots that has " with backup" beside it. Next, flash the image. Flashing will be automatic once it has started. A backup of what is currently in the receiver will be stored on the usb stick, and the backup will automatically be installed after the image flash is complete. The whole process usually takes 5-10 minutes, and there is no need to answer any onscreen questions. Once the receiver is flashed, it will reboot, then it will restart and the backup will be installed. The receiver will restart again after the backup installation is complete, and any needed packages or plugins are downloaded from the internet.

12. Thanks stephan94, norman881, ViP3R, skink thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the failure to keep time issue: I installed a new image (the USB version from a new download into a new USB stick) and now things seem okay. As corrective action, I first tried to flash to a different slot, but the box would not boot after that...stuck at the Edision splash screen. So, I made a new install. Presumably, somehow, the earlier update to TNAP 4 became scrambled...one of those mysteries.

The advice to flash a new image was helpful. The penalty is the need to reconfigure everything but this was an opportunity to clean things up. Why multi boot would not work with the suspect image, I don't know. Will save multi boot for later experimentation, since I'm not familiar with options and processes for multiple images.

14. Thanks el bandido, skink thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some other images have a feature when you hit the green button on the remote when in the channel selection screen on the satellites tab that adds, besides service, providers and new. How can i have this on TNAP 4.0?

16. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having each satellite listed 3 times was very messy when you have 10 or more satellites in the list.
    The "New" entry was deleted because it did not populate any channels for North America.
    A Provider listing is available by pressing the yellow remote button when in the Channel Selection menu.

18. Thanks SiMeccCaIs thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast