Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GeoSat Pro 90 Dish Vs DMSI HotDish90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have both of these dishes and for some reason, I can't get my GSP to come anywhere close to the performance of the HD90. I have the GSP on a fixed dish setup currently but I have tried it on the same pipe as the HD90 (motorized) is located. I have tried numerous LNB's as well as every configuration of the assembly I can find. Are there any known pitfalls to the dish such as a step I'm missing during assembly or setup? I know the GSP is slightly smaller than the HD 90 but not by enough to cause the problems I am running into. I am using it currently pointed at SES2 and there is quite a bit of Q change between the two dishes, for example making the difference of LPB locking on the HD and not on the GSP.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions

WT

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did the Geosat dish come from, and who put it together? There should be little if any signal difference between those two dishes. It may or may not help to post a clear picture(s) of the front of both dishes that shows the lnb and its supports.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dish came from Hypermegasat and I assembled it. I was thinking the same that the difference between the two should be very little. I'll have to take photos of the install later for reference. I don't see any way to make much of a mistake assembling the unit but thought I would check none the less

Wt

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The overall RF gain on the GeoSat dish is 39.6 dBi at center frequency, and what I have seen the overall gain on the HD90 (what I can find) is 40.32 dBi, .72 dB difference, this is not much, but every bit helps.

Receive beamwidth for the GeoSat is 1.8 degrees, but I cant find the same spec for the HD90, 1.8 degrees is a small receive aperture, this means you would have to right dead on to both the satellite and the LNB mounting to get the max signal out of that dish.

5. Thanks el bandido, sattech64, ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    The overall RF gain on the GeoSat dish is 39.6 dBi at center frequency, and what I have seen the overall gain on the HD90 (what I can find) is 40.32 dBi, .72 dB difference, this is not much, but every bit helps.

Receive beamwidth for the GeoSat is 1.8 degrees, but I cant find the same spec for the HD90, 1.8 degrees is a small receive aperture, this means you would have to right dead on to both the satellite and the LNB mounting to get the max signal out of that dish.
    What is the name of the laboratory that tested and calculated the gain for these two dishes?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be willing to bet that if you checked it, the GSP dish is "popped" out of shape. I've got a couple, and they are REALLY good dishes.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

8. Thanks el bandido, sattech64, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine arrived slightly modded by the delivery driver and it still works as well as my Hotdish.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks el bandido, sattech64, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes sattech64 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post

You are exactly right on being spot on! Very tedious adjustment get a lock and if you breathe you lose it.

12. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Addendum to GeoSat 90 Dish Problem
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have checked the dish with the string test and they all meet perfectly in the center. I have a strange feeling that something is whacky on the feed arm. The pole is plumb and the dish has been tried on different confirmed working mounts with no difference. I lined up a different LNB day before yesterday and 7.6 Db C/N was the best I could scrounge on the CNN carrier on SES2 according to my Super Buddy meter and for kicks tried it with my FS1 and it was within 1 Db of the SB

For what it's worth I have attached some photos for reference.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas!
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the name of a city that is close to your location?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast