Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I’m located just about nowhere lol. Abington va roughly 30 miles. Bristol Va/Tn is roughly 40 miles. I’m located in Whitetop Va You might locate that on a map. I can give you coordinates if you need

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious of the lnb skew, which looks correct for 87w at your location.
    The pictures are dark, but there probably isn't much to see anyway. If the lnb arm is not set at the correct distance from the dish, then there will be signal problems.
    There should be two side mounts or side arms that hold the lnb mounting arm straight on the dish. There should be a bolt that runs through the lnb arm and joins the two side arms to the lnb mounting arm. You may try removing this bolt which disconnects the side arms, then slowly move the lnb arm towards the dish and away from the dish. Do this very slow and watch the signal meter while you are doing this. If the lnb is mounted correctly, the signal will not increase when the side arms are disconnected and the lnb is moved.

Check for correct dish alignment by slightly raising, then lowering the top, bottom, and both sides of the dish. Watch the signal meter while doing this. The signal will drop each time the dish is moved in any direction if it is aligned correctly.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What is the name of the laboratory that tested and calculated the gain for these two dishes?
    Many to choose from, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We had to do performance checks on all our RF systems, then the system is taken to an independent lab and have them verify the test data, then all that data was sent to the FCC labs where they issue a go no-go for sales and installation.(FCC ID tag is issued if needed)

4. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which lab(s) tested the two 90cm dishes in this thread? Most likely, the answer is None! GeoSat and HotDish just write in whatever spec they want knowing it will not be cheap to check it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the dark photos. I knew if I didn’t get them last night I would be doing it in today’s monsoon. I have it peaked for all it’s got in it right now but I will remove the support bolts and give that a try. I have a feeling it’s in that area. I noticed the OS Mio 4K was showing 7.6 db c/n tonight on LPB and with low cloud ceiling and rain. Cutting it pretty close 😀. Thanks for the suggestions and as soon as this dreary monsoon weather breaks I will work on them

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's possible to install the side-arms flipped the wrong way, which would torque the lnb arm into the wrong position. Double-check that possibility. Also, that lnb holder you are using doesn't look original to me. Did you get the dish brand new, or did you ever change that holder?
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

9. Thanks sattech64 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the dish was purchased new. I think the feed arm issue is probably where it lies also. Thanks for the idea! As soon as it warms up a bit here I'm going to have a look at that today. Finally some sunshine for a change LOL

Thanks again!

11. Likes MikeB liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    HD90 VS GS90 Update
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today turned out sunny and warm so I was able to work with this problem child a bit.
    I disassembled the support arms and moved the feed arm up and down and to both sides. I was able to gain a db or so with this so I shimmed things to stay at this orientation. The biggest change came when I swapped the older Avenger DRO LNB for a GeoSat Pro S1Pll LNB. That move gained a little over 2 DB on 11960 and close to three DB on 12076 and 11760. I haven't tried moving it to any other birds yet but given it does this well on SES2 it should perform close to this benchmark on any other location that I have decent LOS. LOIF frequency error was less than 100Khz for the SL1 but I forgot to check the Avenger DRO. Just for grins, I checked polarization with my SA, and my best quality was almost 2 degrees higher than the spec at 7.3 degrees. Until I check this against the HD90 I'm inclined to believe it's as good as it gets with this one. The one thing I did forget to do was move the LNB around the focal point by hand to see if any noticeable change could be detected but the feed arm support test should have been very close to what that would have shown.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate in this "project" Hopefully I can repay the favor in the future

Thanks
    Wt

13. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12