Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Looks like a possible fix. (See screencap)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Should be able to put some test images out tomorrow. If it works for me, then hopefully it will work for everyone.

2. Thanks mc6809e, skink, Titanium thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TNAP images were uploaded to this site at the end of 2020.
    The 2020 TNAP4 MIO+ images are here:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    These 2020 images have the exact same bootloop issue for me. So it looks like the data that the weather plugin grabs changed which in turn caused the IOError.

I will leave the Test Glamour skin running for the rest of the night and will check it in the AM. Should be pretty obvious if it is not working.

4. Thanks mc6809e, MikeB, skink, Titanium thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about just removing the Weather plugin from the images entirely? I really don't see any need to check weather on my FTA satellite receiver. I get mine from Accuweather, and 1Weather on my phone.
    Last edited by MikeB; 05-21-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weather is in the skins because some users wanted it. Personally I use PLi HD night skin for simplicity. Different users have different preferences.

If we remove the weather plugin, then there will be holes or blank spaces in more than one skin. So to remove the weather plugin correctly, then we would need to modify every skin that uses the weather plugin and remove the blank spaces for the weather displays.

Then what do we do the next time there is a problem with a plugin or even a part of the image? Do we just remove it too???

This weather plugin issue will be fixed.

BTW, This is not just a TNAP problem. Other images that use the same converter and display the weather are affected by this.

7. Thanks GFM, MikeB, skink, ViP3R, Megatron817, Titanium, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, skink liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A hopefully permanent fix will be applied tonight on my Github!
    And please next time I will really appreciate it if anyone with a problem contacts me on my email, it will certainly help issues get fixed sooner!

9. Thanks MikeB, Megatron817, el bandido, Titanium, mc6809e, skink thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go!

11. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R, Megatron817, Titanium, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, Megatron817, norman881 liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The feeds are up with a Glamour skin update that seems to solve the issue.

Installing a single .ipk file may be easier, and does not require an internet connection to the receiver.

Any TNAP image that is less than 6 months old may have this issue. The feeds will be updated and rebuilt. New images will be made available, but these things take time.

For tonight and until things can be completly corrected, you may update online using the receiver menus OR use telnet with this one line command: opkg update && opkg upgrade && reboot

As an alternative, you can install the attached Glamour skin plugin which is an .ipk file.
    To install the attached plugin, download the plugin and install it on a Known To Be Good usb stick, insert the usb stick into the receiver while watching a tv channel (with or without a signal), then follow onscreen instructions.

13. Thanks mc6809e, Titanium, ViP3R, MikeB, Megatron817, skink thanked for this post
    Likes Titanium liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just downloaded the GlamourAura fixed skin, and re-installed the WeatherMSN plugin. I just started another full backup right now, and then I'll switch back to the GlamourAura skin, and see what happens. I'll re-post results.

Ok, backup finished, I switched back to the GlamourAura skin after previously downloading the fix through the feeds, and it rebooted. Everything now appears to be working perfectly once again!

I love that particular skin, and I give kudos and thanks to MCelliotG for a quick fix, and just keeping this maintained in general. I'm sure it's a LOT of work to do so. Also, kudos to El Bandido, as I also really appreciate his expertise, and help in general.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

15. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, Titanium, MCelliotG, skink, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes GFM liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234