Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Green Screen of Death
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Learning new box going through the menus and seeing what they do, when I do Menu-Setup-System-Customize, I get a Green Screen of Death and the box reboots.

Anyone else or just me?

2. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say using the term "Green Screen of Death" is being a bit dramatic because nothing actually dies or completely quits working. The box simply sees an error, flags the error by creating a report, then reboots.
    At any rate, no matter what you call it, I appreciate you listing it so the error can be fixed. Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem has been fixed. You may do an online software update: Menu--->Setup--->Software update, and follow onscreen instructions. Internet connection to the receiver is needed for online updates.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

5. Thanks MikeB, Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, norman881 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,
    That was fast, I must have posted in the right place.
    All new to FTA and having fun playing.

Thank You!

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, norman881 liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
    Learning new box going through the menus and seeing what they do, when I do Menu-Setup-System-Customize, I get a Green Screen of Death and the box reboots.

Anyone else or just me?
    @el bandido I woke up this morning with the same issue, on my replacement OS Mio. It was flashed with TNAP 4.0 mid-January by Brian before he sent it to me. Looks like I'm going to have to reflash it from scratch. This happened completely a random, I have NO idea why: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

P.S. Where is the newest flash image to reflash from USB? All I see on site is dated back from 12/21/2020. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by MikeB; 05-19-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flash multiboot image online to the slot of your choice.
    See post #17 in this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let me know if that doesn't fix it and we will do something else.

10. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, mc6809e liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Flash multiboot image online to the slot of your choice.
    See post #17 in this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let me know if that doesn't fix it and we will do something else.
    Ok, I flashed the online multiboot image to Slot 1. It seems to be ok, though its skin is different than what I'm used to. Here's what I have, it was the only choice going from the working TNAP 3.2 in Slot 2, does this look like the latest?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ok, wait, now that I'm at least on a working version of TNAP 4.0, I checked online images again, and now it sees the 4/29/21 version. Flashing that now...

Ok, now I have THIS:

Whoops, also ran a standard "Software Update" and now I have THIS:

I HATE that the image sometimes gets corrupted, since it's happened at random a couple times now. However, I LOVE the EASE of re-flashing a fresh image, and fixing it from online, PROVIDED there's at least ONE working image in another slot!

Let this be a warning to others once again, you should ALWAYS have a minimum of TWO slots loaded with working images. If ONE goes South for whatever reason, it's so easy to switch to another slot and fix the bad one.
    Last edited by MikeB; 05-19-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    My name is Mike.

12. Thanks skink thanked for this post
    Likes norman881, mc6809e liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should have restored it back exactly the way you had it before. When you select a slot that has "with backup" or something similar when flashing, then the receiver is supposed to make a copy of what you have installed and restore it automatically, providing what you need can be downloaded from the internet. There is a yes or no question that comes up during flashing which asks if you want to restore. If you do nothing when this question appears, then everything will be restored providing what is needed can be downloaded.

14. Thanks skink thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, mc6809e liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    It should have restored it back exactly the way you had it before. When you select a slot that has "with backup" or something similar when flashing, then the receiver is supposed to make a copy of what you have installed and restore it automatically, providing what you need can be downloaded from the internet. There is a yes or no question that comes up during flashing which asks if you want to restore. If you do nothing when this question appears, then everything will be restored providing what is needed can be downloaded.
    Well, I did do a restore with backup, and when it asked if I wanted to restore, I clicked YES. Previously, I had the GlamourAuraFHD skin loaded, and that did NOT restore.

Whoops, I went into the menu and switched to the GlamourAuraFHD screen, and I'm back to the cycling Green Screen of Death... I guess I'll have to reflash it yet again... Unless there's a way to get to that slot from another slot, and switch skins somehow? Apparently, that skin got corrupted somehow and caused this issue in the first place.
    Last edited by MikeB; 05-19-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    My name is Mike.

16. Thanks skink thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My box did the same thing this morning on start-up.I just let it cool down,unplug the ethernet and she fired back up.Are you blaming the GlamourAura skin for the problem?Thanks

18. Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast