1. Collapse Details
    Looking for help to set up my motor and make calculations according to location.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    hey !

I have a motor that needs to be set up aligned to the correct spot.

The pole is centered from both sides.

Latitude of my location is:
    10.0159° N, 84.2142° W

So STEP 1 , pole is centered is ready.

STEP 2 Latitude I think was set correctly on the Motor, please the attached picture. Is it correct?

one that has been confirmed, then , what would be the next step? I think I have a problem with the dish , not fit correctly to the motor , but the base it has is different. see attached picture.
    thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently the photo shows that the motor elevation pointer is set for an approximate 1 or 2 degrees latitude location. Set the motor elevation pointer to match your install location of 10 degrees.

The next step is to mount the dish onto the motor post then set the dish elevation to the setting provided in the motor manual. What brand and model is the motor? What brand and model is the dish? Photos of the dish mount and elevation scale?

4. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off the pole has to be as close to vertical as possible, vertical left to right, front to back.

Then mount the dish and motor to the mast, and check for any sag to the front with the dish and motor mounted, this is important as if the mounting pole sags you will have problems.

The find DUE SOUTH from the mounting location of the mast and dish/motor, make sure the motor is set to ""Zero", to find due South use an app called "dishpointer dot com", enter you location and zoom into it, this will give you a map showing Due South (180 degrees true)from your location, this is very important as the dish needs to line up with the arc of satellites.

Dishpointer dot com also will give you elevation settings for most motors.

Once your motor and dish elevation has been set you can look for the DUE South satellite at your location, this looks to be around 84 west, unfortunately that satellite is a "C" band satellite, so you will need to offset a bit, 81W is the next one, and is viewable at your location, use transponder 11796H, this will be your starting satellite, and would be close the top of your arc,(off set by 3 degrees) all satellites will be to the East or West of this satellite.

I get this from dishpointer, Address: 10.015900, -84.214200
    Latitude: 10.0159°
    Longitude: -84.2142°

Satellite: 84W STAR ONE D1
    Elevation: 78.2°
    Azimuth (true): 178.8°
    Azimuth (magn.): 181.0°

It looks like you will be elevating the dish and motor to around 78.2 degrees, this would have to be done with part dish and part motor.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes sattech64 liked this post