1. Collapse Details
    wifi on the OS Mio 4K
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I bought my Mio a few months ago from Titanium and right away I found that there was absolutely nothing in the menus to set up wifi. I flashed a new copy of TNAP downloaded from here and the wifi configuration menu was present, although for some reason I had to set the encryption type to "WPA or WPA2" instead of just WPA2 even though my network is using WPA2. Now, I find that the wifi is completely gone again. A while ago I did an online update to TNAP, but I have no idea if the disappearing wifi happened as a result of that or is it random.

Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't seen anyone mention it, but maybe I'm the only one using wifi? I'd really like to know whether this is a software issue or whether I have bad wifi hardware in my Mio.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A screenshot of the About page might help. (Menu--->Information--->About)
    I am using wifi without any issues. Encryption types "WPA or WPA2" would lead to the same place. Separate selections could be made for "WPA or WPA2" encryption types, but the outcome would still be the same because either type would still lead to the same place.

What is meant by saying "the wifi is completely gone again"??? Does the wifi quit working or does the wifi option disappear in the network menu? The network menu should have two options which are WLAN and LAN.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The WLAN menu is missing, and also the wifi has quit working. (The box was only in soft standby, not powered down.) Someone else is using the TV at the moment, but when I checked the About menu earlier there was no mention of any network information.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I don't understand:
    I bought my Mio a few months ago from Titanium and right away I found that there was absolutely nothing in the menus to set up wifi.
    Did you contact the seller about this issue when you first saw it?

Most likely, Either you do not know how to set the MIO up or it is defective.
    I don't see how the image could be at fault because this problem existed when you first got the receiver. I assume you know how to set the MIO up and know where the LAN/WLAN menus are in the receiver. The wifi driver is located in /lib/modules/5.13.0/extra of receiver files. If the wifi driver is not present, then you will not see the WLAN network menu. I imagine the WLAN menu would not be seen if the wifi radio was not working.

I cannot find any threads or comments about a problem like this anywhere else on fta forums. My suggestion is to contact the seller and see about returning the receiver for testing or repair. But make sure the problem is not operator error before you do this. It would also be a good idea to load a different image such as OpenVix to see if the problem follows other images. I run a MIO with a wifi connection daily and do not have any of the wifi issues you describe. My MIO is put in standby nightly and works correctly when it is turned on again in the morning or evening. Hopefully you will get these issues fixed!

6. Likes MikeB liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, the reason I didn't just try to send it back right away rather than trying to fix it myself first is because I don't live or work in town, so I have to make time and go out of my way to ship packages.

Second, I installed two other images in two of the other slots. Prior to this, the wifi wasn't working in TNAP. It worked in both of the other images. I then reinstalled TNAP again and the wifi worked in TNAP. I'll have to see if it goes out again. At no point did I power-cycle the box. I realize this doesn't PROVE it isn't a hardware issue, but it's highly suspicious.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wifi module is installed in TNAP:
    root@osmio4kplus:~# lsmod
    Module Size Used by
    si2157 20480 1
    lgdt3306a 28672 1
    cx231xx_dvb 20480 1
    cx231xx_alsa 16384 0
    cx25840 61440 1
    cx231xx 147456 2 cx231xx_alsa,cx231xx_dvb
    cx2341x 28672 1 cx231xx
    tveeprom 20480 1 cx231xx
    hci_uart 49152 0
    btqca 16384 1 hci_uart
    wlan 3911680 0
    cfg80211 315392 1 wlan
    si2183 647168 0
    brcmstb_osmio4kplus 5521408 5
    avl6261 102400 1 brcmstb_osmio4kplus
    brcmstb_decoder 20480 1 brcmstb_osmio4kplus
    ci 28672 1 brcmstb_osmio4kplus
    avl6862 352256 1 brcmstb_osmio4kplus

No one else has reported this issue. Modules for wifi and tuners are installed into the image in a package from Edision. The wlan module will not uninstall and reinstall itself automatically: Either the image has the correct information to run wifi or not.

How are you going to load the image one time and have a wifi driver/wlan menu, then load the image same image again and not have the wifi driver/wlan menu??? It would take one helluva programmer to make an image do that --plus make it where only one person is effected.

This is why I say: Most likely, hardware failure Or operator error. I do not see the TNAP image being responsible for your problem at this point.

9. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other wlan devices can be supported. I have several usb wlan devices, and would install one if I needed it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found another wifi adapter in a drawer that will work. There are several drivers available for different wifi devices. This is a cheap, easy fix for enigma2 receivers with internal wifi issues, or for enigma2 receivers without wifi installed .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

12. Thanks MrJames, ViP3R thanked for this post