1. Collapse Details
    How to Setup Picons?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello,

I'm still a novice. I want to know how to setup picons for my channel list and infobar. Using Edision 4k and TNAP 4.1 with Glamour Aura FHD skin. I typed "picon" into the search box above but couldn't find what I was looking for. If someone could help me get started without getting too technical, I would really appreciate it.

Also, using Open PLI 8 with Glamour Aura FHD on an Octagon. I'm assuming the steps would be pretty much the same with this one too. I know how to use FileZilla and File Commander. I'm setting picons up for two KU satellites for the moment, 97w and 103w. Thanks. BWE.
    Last edited by bwe; 09-20-2021 at 03:57 PM.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what size picon will work best with GlamourAura skin. Mine are 100x60 and look ok with GlamourAura but look better with the PLi-fullNight skin. Picons are png pictures and go in a folder named picon placed at usr/share/enigma2. They get named the service reference. example: 1_0_1_4_1_0_A0AAF70_0_0_0

4. Thanks eastof111, bwe, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes bwe liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. Sounds simple enough. I have a folder of 100x60 picons. I'll give FullNight a try too. So, just to recap, I'm going to have to assign/rename each picon (.png file) with the correct service reference. Well, I guess that means I've got some work to do. How do you it? Do you just assign picons for your favorite channels?

Also, does the picon plugin Setpicon do the legwork of adding service references for you? And thank you for your help.

FYI: Yes, 100x60 does look better with FullNight. I have several 150x90's that look fine with Glamour. Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by bwe; 09-20-2021 at 06:09 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Renaming picons is the old way of doing it. Spent many hours in years past, searching and downloading logos for stations that Lyngsat had yet to incorporate to their web site. Had to rename, resize and some times convert them with a photo program for the appropriate size. It was very time consuming. But, that was the only way to do it back then.

The easiest way now is to down load from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (the free version to try out) and if you are happy with the program, pls support the author. It's well worth it.

After you install and setup the program, you can use it to download your lamedb and bouguet files to your pc and it will allow you to edit, rename and assign picons to your channels in your bouquets. Echannelizer will, if I remember correctly, will resize any png, jpg, or gif file and assign it to the appropriate channel. After you're all done editing, it will upload the files back to your receiver.

You can store your picon collection on your pc and just give them a name like abc, kpix, pbs, fox, etc. You do not have to use the old renaming format. Tell Echannelizer where your picons are stored on your pc and it will display the picons in alphabetical order. Then select the appropriate one and it will be assigned to the station in the bouquet.

I wish it was that easy back then.....

7. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, bwe thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you eastof111! Yes, I spent a few hours last night on 103w Ku for both Octagon and Edision. I will surely check echannelizer out, and may even purchase the full version. Appreciate it!

Edit: Just finished up G19 Ku in about 30 minutes! I only used a few different picons, mostly carrier and a few tv logos I could find. Thanks again for recommending echannelizer eastof111. And thanks Megatron817 for the steps on how to do it the original way. It's good to know both ways.
    Last edited by bwe; 09-21-2021 at 01:17 PM.

9. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. Thumbs up for E-Channelizer.
    I'm linking my picons file. It's around 16 megs in size zipped.
    It's certainly not complete and is mostly of C-Band channels.
    You can put the unzipped file anywhere you want it. I have mine in a sub directory of User/Pictures.
    Most that weren't present from the master file were simply copied from ones beside the channel listings on tvrosat. Just drag and drop them into the folder.
    I find it easier if you have a group of channels with the same picon but different channel names to stick the picon in a separate folder then copy/paste and rename them exactly as the displayed channel in your list.
    When edited to the correct name drag them in the master folder. You'll get it.
    Just map E-Channelizer to the correct location.
    Pretty easy anyway.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. Thanks el bandido, bwe, mc6809e thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It won't hurt anything to post the picons here.
    Your linked picons are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. Thanks Sublime, bwe, mc6809e, ArloG thanked for this post