Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    For me, The beauty of the Signal meter app is nothing has to be connected or disconnected in the antenna system. And of course the talking signal meter which lets me move things without needing to watch a meter.

Please rate the signal meter app on Google Play. Ratings help the development.

2. Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Motorized Dish all Setup and Working Nicely with Edision Mio+ 4K Receiver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally had a chance to check out my motorized Ku dish alignment today. My 90CM dish has been up for a good number of years now.
    The dish was slightly off from where it should have been. About 1- 2 degrees off... maybe.

Anyway, the motorized setup is pretty much dialed in and is working nicely using Usals.

Thanks for all help and ideas.

4. Thanks el bandido, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, MikeB liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the same problem. I can position the motor fine with an old Amico 8240 but my Edision will not move the motor at all. I can't seem to move it using the positioner setup page. However, I can command the motor to go to 0 position but it appears to be a few degrees off 0 when using my spare SG6000 to test with. I have also noticed that the power LED on my 6000 is also out. I can unplug the STB from the mains and my fixed channels will return when the LNB power returns. Really odd as I seem to think I have everything set correctly but maybe not. I did notice that on your picture example that" use USALS" for this satellite was not checked but in my setup I do have it checked. I also have it as DISEQC 1.2

Thanks for any ideas on this

WT

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post a scrrenshot of the motor setup menu in the enigma2 receiver. (There are several ways to do this.)

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    In Positioner setup, you may change the location for a DISEqC 1.2 stored setting, but the correct DISEqC 1.2 number needs to be assigned to the satellite first in the tuner configuration menu (antenna setup).

Probably the easiest way to fine tune a ku motor in the Positioner setup menu is to slightly change the degrees of the satellite until the best signal is achieved. For example, 103w is listed in the receiver as 103.0. I move the location of the satellite in Positioner setup to 103.3w where the signal peaks. The degrees of the satellite must be returned to 103.0 in Positioner setup before the 103.3 location can be saved to a DISEqC position number. ( Return to the correct degrees of the satellite, then arrow up to Memory index & press the green remote button to save.)
    I've been navigating these menus/settings for a few days, trying to wrap my head around how things work. I read what you posted above and it's not quite clicking in my brain.

I have one or two satellites that perform better with some manual tweaking, so I'm attempting to use DiSEqC 1.2 on those instead of USALS. Can you explain to me how the "memory index" function works? Can I use any number I want for a particular satellite? If so, should I first enter my chosen number into the Main Menu -> Setup -> Tuners & Scanning -> Choose Tuner menu? Or should I first enter the number in Positioner Setup, peak the signal, and then enter it into the tuner menu?

I appreciate any light you can shed on the proper sequence of events that should be followed.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    USALS to diseqc 1.2 position is a bit tricky and is one area of enigma2 that could be improved.

It is a good idea to have a channel tuned on the satellite you want to work with before doing these steps:
    To assign a diseqc 1.2 position, first go into antenna setup and assign the position you want to use. My example will be position 26 for 103w ku as shown below.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Next, enter the Positioner setup menu as shown below.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

In this example, you see the position 26 is displayed in the Positioner setup fpr 103w ku. to fine-tune a ku motor, change the degrees of the satellite until you get the signal you desire or until the signal peaks.

It is important to remember a couple of things:
    (1) The degrees of the satellite must be returned to the original value before the new value can be saved.
    (2) To save a new position, Highlight Memory index and press the Green remote button. Follow onscreen instructions.

It should be noted that the Positioner setup menu works a bit different for a ku motor as compared to a c band actuator. C band actuators may be adjusted automatically, but the automatic adjustment feature usually fails on a ku motor.

The Positioner setup menu is assigned to the red remote key in TNAP images. What the remote keys actually do may be changed by the user if desired.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explainer — that really helps. I’ll give it a try and hope for good things. In your example using position 26, does that value have a specific meaning, or it just a number you selected? If any number can be used, can it be anything from 001-999?

I noticed a weird thing when playing around with this stuff. I had 87W set as USALS, and 89W as DiESqC. While parked on 87W, I used the SAT button the remote to go to a channel on 89W — when I did that, the motor moved all the way to 125W or so, and then came back to 89W. Not sure if something I did caused this behavior.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    103w Is set at position number 26 because that is the number I chose for it. My number 1 satellite for ku band is 15w, and they increase from that location. You may use any valid number that you want to use for your system.

If a satellite position is set to a diseqc1.2 number, then the ku motor will move to that number. Set all ku motorized satellites to USALS unless you have saved Or want to save a diseqc 1.2 location for it. Doing this tidbit should stop unwanted motor movements or motor movements that seem to make no sense.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so you’re saying that if I use DiESqC for *any* satellite, that I should save a DiESqC position for *all* satellites, even if I actually intend to use USALS for most? It wouldn’t be much of a big deal to just use DiESqC for all of them …

Just for clarification, my system is Ku only, with a STAB motor.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I am saying is don't have a ku satellite assigned to diseqc 1.2 unless you have a valid diseqc 1.2 position for that satellite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast