1. Collapse Details
    Ventilation Idea For Edision and Other Receivers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Edision Mio+ 4K satellite receiver sits pretty low. For improved ventilation and cooling,
    I put self-adhesive small rubber feet directly on the original feet to raise the box up a bit.

I think it helps to facilitate better air flow and aids in an improved passive cooling solution.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have not had any overheating issues. Just being prudent.

Just common sense ideas coming from an RF engineer and satellite design engineer and over 40 years in the electronics field.

As an amateur radio operator and electronic enthusiast too, I always make sure my electronics stay clean and dust free. Good ventilation prevents electronic component failures.

Just sharing…..hoping it helps.
    Last edited by Hawaii; 11-21-2021 at 02:21 PM.

2. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, rrob311, JDavid22 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Improving ventilation by raising the MIO receiver doesn't hurt anything.

My Edision MIO has sat directly on top of another receiver that is running for a couple of years now without any issues. Both receivers normally run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The main source of heat in the Edision MIO receivers are the internal DVB-S2 tuner(s). More dc output power from the internal tuner(s) equals more internal heat. Doing things like connecting two lnbs using a 22KHz tone switch instead of a diseqc switch will require more power from the internal tuner, which also means the heat inside the receiver will increase. Sometimes using common sense or having a good understanding of what combination of parts will drive the internal heat up inside the receiver case helps extend fta receiver life.

4. Thanks clucas, Megatron817, rrob311, mc6809e thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a small stand for mine out of some 1x1 pieces of wood, then using some very quiet fans (12 volt on a small external power supply) I added ventilation to it, one fan on the bottom blowing air in, the other on top sucking it out, never had an overheating problem since.

All my heat producing receivers are done this way, even my 4K HDTV, fans are mounted on the back blowing air in, all fans have dust filters on them, keeps the inside clean.

You want some very quiet fans of all types and sizes, then take a look at a site call Frozencpu, look at the bottom of the list, then select the fan you want, the lower the dBA rating, the quieter the fan.

6. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, rrob311 thanked for this post
    Likes mc6809e liked this post