1. Collapse Details
    Motor and dish inventories are getting low
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Checking ebay, amazon and a few other locations I could not find any Stab HH90 motors to replace my SG-2100. Some were available at extreme prices, but I didn't recognize the vendors. Found and ordered the Sat Power SP120 from Casey at Hypermegasat site. The price was reasonable with shipping included.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Finished installing it yesterday and would like to say thank you to Hyper for stocking it in the U.S.

The install was easy since it's a SG-2100 knock off motor. The SP120 motor bracket is the same as the SG-2100, so the latitude and elevation markings match. Just unbolted old motor and bolted new motor to old bracket. Attached 90 cm dish to motor and Done!

Only thing different are the u-bolts seem to be a smaller size than original SG-2100. I was careful not to drop the motor since the body seems to be made from pot metal. Motor works, happy camper....

Again, since inventories seem to be getting low, I ordered another Geosat Pro 90 cm dish. This time from Rick's. Thanks Rick!

Hope the future improves for everyone!

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, Megatron817, Costactc, pa28pilot thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, pa28pilot liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you didn't pick up a Stab motor. I've had a couple and would not recommend them.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always found Stab motors to be reliable and strong. You just can't get them anymore.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costactc, what kind of problems have you experienced?

I have been using my Stab since last year and it hasn't had any hiccups. I had more problems with the SG-2100 which I just replaced (lots of play with the motor shaft).

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had 2 stab motors, they both died on me. I much prefer mini actuators.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Good to hear you didn't pick up a Stab motor. I've had a couple and would not recommend them.
    I wonder if something changed at Stab. Everyone used to talk about how great they were, so I bought an HH-90 when my original motor (a PowerTech DG-280) failed a few years ago. Right out of the box I could feel a tiny amount of play in the shaft, but it was so small it wasn't even visible and didn't bother the pointing accuracy. Now, a few years later, it's about a degree, and pointing accuracy suffers when going from one side of the meridian to the other to the extent that I can't even get some transponders. I see a LOT of complaints online on European forums about it. It would be interesting to tear down a new(ish) HH-90 and an old one and see if they're identical.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my 2 Cents (thats all it is worth anyway) the STAB Motors were the best motors. As a FTA equipment dealer i have sold a lot of different types of HH Motors over the years and the STAB was the best. We had literally 1 return in hundreds sold. The SG2100 was the 2nd best as far as quality and reliability. The old SG6000 was probably the 3rd best. The SP120 not much data on that one, we only ever had 24 pcs of those.

9. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, eastof111, ViP3R, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes norman881, sattech64 liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only had one STAB motor go bad,the actual actuator motor gave up the ghost. I still have a SG6000 that I believe to be good. I condemned it prematurely as there was a receiver software problem causing the STAB not to work either. Not too many choices any more
    Backwoods FTA
    No OTA, Well Actually one carrier now

11. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post