1. Collapse Details
    wifi on osmio+4k
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    just got the new box with 2 images loaded in it: tnap 4.1 & open atv 7
    using same settings, wifi does not connect to my router in tnap4.1 image, but is connecting on oatv7 image !!!
    if i use the cable from the router, tnap image connects the box to the router !
    so, it looks as the only option for me is oatv7 image only.
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    WiFi works fine in TNAP4.1. i use it everyday.

You will need to scan your wireless networks first, then select the one you want to use. If you have a wired connection, then disable it when prompted to do so.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must not be connecting properly with tnap4.1. Should work the same with all images.First scan wireless networks then choose your network next screen use interfaece ON and make sure ssid is correct do WPA/WPA2 for encryption type then add the Encryption key now press green button save and connect.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    scanning the wifi net & choseing the right one is fine, but doesn't connect.
    only if i manually enter the SSID will enable it & connect.
    Nihil sine Deo !

7. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you control your Wi-Fi network's access point or Wi-Fi router?
    Is your access point using AES encryption or AES+TKIP encryption for this SSID?

Definitely scan for networks first, as the receiver derives a lot of things about the access point in that process.

If it won't connect, and you don't think it will break the connectivity of any of your other Wi-Fi devices using that access point, you might try toggling the encryption type between AES and AES+TKIP, restarting your access point, and then trying to scan and connect again from your OS MIO+4K.

There are a lot of Wi-Fi protocol stack implementations that don't quite interoperate well between vendors' equipment, and the configuration item that I have found to most commonly prevent associating to an AP is the flavor of encryption.

This may sound old fashioned, but if you're planning to be streaming HD video to or from your Edision box, I'd use a wired connection if possible.
    I don't remember whether the OS MIO+ 4K's Wi-Fi PHY can support 802.11ac or not, but that's probably the slowest Wi-Fi flavor I'd consider if I were going to do things like trying to stream HD video to or from it.

Security note: As a long-time cybersecurity person, I wouldn't advise anyone to use just WPA (vs WPA3, or WPA2) encryption unless the only things on that network are devices for which you don't have privacy or tampering concerns. WPA2 is also subject to some straightforward attacks, but the vendors are taking their sweet time in getting WPA3 rolled out to consumer electronics, so we have to make do, and use things like separate networks for older devices, while we wait for people to get their act together.

9. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post