Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    osmio4K+ experience
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    After playing with this new box, my first impression is that it is not as advertised "the only box in North America witch can scan transponders 3° apart".
    Did some scan tests with this new box & my old Vu+04k, and as you can see from the pics osmio is far behind:
    Using TNAP4.1, scan tests were done on different satellites trying to build up my channel list.
    the worst example of all is on 101W with 7 tps at 4° apart out of 17, where osmio failed miserable not finding all tps:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and here is the scan result done by Vu+:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is happening on some other satellites. openvix image on osmio did a better job, but not as Vu+ with openvix img.
    Another issue I have with osmio is that it has hard time to clear some channels where Vu+ has no problems.

So, my conclusion is:
    1-maybe i use a wrong scanning procedure;
    2-the tuner is not up to as being advertised; or
    3-the QC of the manufacturer doesn't do a good job on checking the final product, and I ended up buying a door stop.
    any suggestions ?
    Last edited by lme; 01-20-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does this mean? "the only box in North America witch can scan transponders 3° apart" 3° apart 4° apart ??? I think you meant MHz right? Transponders are not separated by degrees. I have found transponders with channels spaced 1 MHz apart on 95w c band using mio receivers.

What happens when you reboot the box? Does the blindscan get any better?

Why are you changing the blindscan start frequency? Why filter out adjacent satellites?

Filter out adjacent satellites should be set to off unless you are using a small dish that receives signals from other satellites besides the one you are scanning.

Be glad to help if you want to find the problem. Shown below are the transponders I find for 101w using the mio receiver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    117w - cband Has a little bit of everything. Shown below are scan results for this satellite in not the greatest of weather.
    Attached is a detailed scan log that shows what was found on each transponder that blindscan logged.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<------------------------------------->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. as i suspected i had the wrong setting on blind scan.
    now it can find 18 tps on 101w, including the 4 tps spaced 4mhz apart.
    I also noticed some smaller Q on some channels, versus what my Vu+ shows, but that may be the tuner of Vu+.
    thanks for the help.
    Nihil sine Deo !

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you found the problem.

Q and other DVB signal measurements on vuplus receivers are junk. VU+ had not interest in fta features such as signal measurements and scan capabilities.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Glad you found the problem.

Q and other DVB signal measurements on vuplus receivers are junk. VU+ had not interest in fta features such as signal measurements and scan capabilities.
    You're right about vu+.
    One more question regarding the tuner config for c-band:
    tone mode should be off, as i have an ecoda switch with ku cable connected to 22khz port & c cable connected to the 0khz port ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    22KHz controls the scan bands in the blindscan plugin. 22KHz switches should be avoided in enigma2 receivers that blindscan. At minimum, c band should be set to Off or 0 KHz.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    22KHz controls the scan bands in the blindscan plugin. 22KHz switches should be avoided in enigma2 receivers that blindscan. At minimum, c band should be set to Off or 0 KHz.
    That's what i have in settings for c-band.
    i need the ecoda as i have 2 separate lnbs for c & ku.
    ok. Thanks.
    Nihil sine Deo !

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a 2 or 4 position diseqc switch if possible.
    22 KHz switches power both lnbs al the time. This causes extra heat in the tuner which in turn causes extra heat in the receiver. Not much of a way for a single tuner to use two lnbs at one time, so having both lnbs powered only ads heat to the receiver.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a 2 or 4 position diseqc switch if possible.
    22 KHz switches power both lnbs al the time. This causes extra heat in the tuner which in turn causes extra heat in the receiver. Not much of a way for a single tuner to use two lnbs at one time, so having both lnbs powered only ads heat to the receiver.
    I found on spare parts 2 chieta 4x1, with no serial #, but one is lighter then the other one !!! they're both marked "insertion loss:1.5dB". I assume that both are fake.
    I also have 1 centauri 4x1, diseqc 2.0, insertion loss:6dB+/-3dB, made in europe. Witch one do you think ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast