Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Chieta 4x1 works good for me. One thing about the insertion loss is the lnb has a line amplifier to offset the switch and cable loses.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The Chieta 4x1 works good for me. One thing about the insertion loss is the lnb has a line amplifier to offset the switch and cable loses.
    Is this good or bad ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is OK. The lnb line amplifier will take care of the insertion loss of wither switch.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks lme thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I'm late to this thread, but whenever I see someone mentioning satellite spacing issues, my first question is "How large is your reflector?"

At 12 GHz, for satellites in the FSS (fixed satellite service) using 11.7 to 12.2 GHz, a 1-meter dish can focus on one satellite while sufficiently rejecting signals from satellites 2 degrees away (with decent hardware). At 4 GHz, one needs a 3-meter dish. For the DBS service, which uses 12.2 to 12.7 GHz, the satellites are 9 degrees apart, which is why people can use tiny "pizza pans" without excessive adjacent satellite interference. They have to be that far apart because the DBS transponders are flamethrowers, relatively speaking, when compared with your typical FSS transponder.

Don't get me wrong, I lived for a long time with a 76cm offset dish and had a lot of fun. I also had a lot of rain fade.
    Heck, I am being a mad scientist idiot and have a C/Ku feedhorn on my 1.2-meter dish right now just to see what I could see. It is definitely one of those "just because I can doesn't mean I should" situations. It was an experiment, and everything everyone told me about the RF has pretty much been validated.

Your typical DSNG uplink truck has something like a 1.8-meter carbon fiber dish on it.

This is more of a public service announcement, as I know a lot of people who get into FTA often try to push the margins of dish miniaturization.

If you have problems with adjacent satellite rejection, try a larger dish.

6. Likes norman881 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, but I solve it.
    my 10' mesh is good enough.
    Nihil sine Deo !

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12