1. Collapse Details
    Web Browser Plugin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Is there a working web browser plugin for the Edision OS MIO 4k running TNAP? My old AZ Box Elite had one in it's menu but it was extremely slow to load a page and it was basically links to click on. In an internet search for one that works with enigma 2 there was a post from a few years about Opera but it wasn't fully functional at that time. The reason I ask is that I watch an online newscast from a local television channel by streaming through my computer and was trying to just do it directly with the MIO like the YouTube plugin.

2. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been looking as well, for the same reasons. It would be nice to eliminate the pc from the equation.

4. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post an example link that you would like to use. There should be something to use for this....

6. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are links that take you to the active page but I still have to click on the video in order to start it.
    Live stream at 7:00 to 7:30 PM EDT: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Live stream 10:00 to 10:30 PM EDT: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You get an error that the page is not found outside these times.
    Another that streams live at the same time is: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checked the 10pm live stream link using my Lg tv web browser. works fine can even go full screen. Would be cool to have a browser on the mio4k itself but I haven't seen one.

10. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little off topic here but it is one reason I wanted to try the MIO.

Megatron, did you watch more than 7 minutes? My iMac using Firefox stops the stream every 7 minutes on the 10 PM newscast. When I restart it goes for another 7 minutes. Doesn't matter if it is during a program or commercial. I hate to have to drag out my Windows machine to see if it does it there too.

12. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clucas View Post
    A little off topic here but it is one reason I wanted to try the MIO.

Megatron, did you watch more than 7 minutes? My iMac using Firefox stops the stream every 7 minutes on the 10 PM newscast. When I restart it goes for another 7 minutes. Doesn't matter if it is during a program or commercial. I hate to have to drag out my Windows machine to see if it does it there too.
    Yes I did watch more than 7 minutes. Let it play all the way to the end. No problem with the the web Os browser.

14. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my elderly Optibox Raptor I use one of three ways to stream local programs from stations.

1. My StreamlinkTV plugin, which I adapted from a Greek TV plugin and is quite out of date, though still works for HLS streams.
    2. Direct entry of the stream's link into a bouquet list.

These first two require that the link doesn't change with each newscast. For those that do change, I use bash script on my Linux computer to retrieve the web page, find the link and pass it to Streamlink to serve it over the local network with the switch "--player-external-http --player-external-http-port 8080". I then have an entry in my bouquet list such as:

#SERVICE 4099:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//192.168.1.56%3a8080/:Streamlink Stream
    #DESCRIPTION Streamlink Stream

Number two is the easiest if it works.

You get the links by going to the webpage, listing the source and searching for "m3u8"

16. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer, eastof111 thanked for this post