Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    As a test, boot into the OpenPLi slot so you are running OpenPLi image. Then go into the audio/video settings and change the refresh rate to auto as shown below. Press the Green remote button to save the change.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The test has been performance. No change.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to pop back in and thank you guys for trying to work through this problem. In my mind, this seems like a hardware-level issue between these two devices. In the end, it's not that big of a deal as I don't need to record very often -- I mostly use the receiver just to tune around and look for things of interest. Since it works fine with my TV, it serves that purpose just fine.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would ask: Does this same problem exist when using webif?

It stands to reason that if the equipment works on the Amiko then it should work on the Edision. So we are probably missing some slight detail.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you have me at a bit of a disadvantage since I am so new to this receiver. I am aware of Webif and have played around with it a bit, but I'm not aware of how to use it to stream content from the Edision. I see a "WebTV" link that brings up something that LOOKS like it's for streaming, but selecting a channel and hitting "play" has no result. Does it need to be hooked into VLC or some other player? I'm using Safari on a Mac -- but I also have a Windows 10 machine if that's preferable for testing this.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my Mac I'm using Firefox. If you are able to access OpenWebif (in my case I have a link set up in Firefox as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but you may have to use something other than the "10") then you can go into your Favourites(TV) and then into bouquets. Once you do that there is a little TV like icon to the left of the channel name. That will start the stream but you DO have to have a media player installed. I have VLC and have used it in the past to stream the ABC 4:2:2 feeds. You may have to pick the right audio stream depending on the channel. I don't remember now but I think the first time I tried to stream I had to pick a default media player as it now starts my VLC when I start streaming. I just tested it on DWTV and it's still working fine.

9. Thanks el bandido, videojanitor thanked for this post
    Likes videojanitor liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey clucas, thanks for the tip. Streaming to the Mac using Firefox and VLC worked like a charm. No issues at all.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Safari would work fine also if you prefer to use that.

The Webif is nice. You can arrange your bouquets, use the little remote on the left to get into the menus and you can take a snapshot of your screen in case someone asks your settings. Play around with it. Have fun.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add another data point to this, I picked up a Blackmagic HDMI-to-SDI converter, just to see if the results were any better. It's actually worse -- after conversion to SDI, there's no signal at all. Weird.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not anymore that can be done right now with your video problem because it seems currently no one else is using the same equipment that you have. It is good to post ALL information you can though. Maybe one day it can be solved or fixed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast