Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Edision OS mio+ 4K HDMI issue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello! I posted this over on Satellite Guys and was told this might be a better place for it.

I purchased an Edision OS mio+ 4K a couple of weeks ago and I like it -- but I've run into an issue:

First, the HDMI output is not accepted by one of my other devices -- a Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus. The video cuts to black every couple of seconds or so, with no real pattern. This occurs when setting the Edision to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The only mode I've found that works is 480i, but clearly that's of no value.

I also have an Amiko receiver, and the Blackmagic device has no problem with that.

On the flip side, I have another capture device -- a Hauppauge HD PVR -- that accepts the output from the Edision with no issues. So, it seems like there must be something about the output of the Edision that the Blackmagic recorder does not like, but I can't seem to any settings that will clear it up. I've tried other HDMI cables, etc. etc. to no avail.

Any thoughts appreciated!

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be a CEC issue? Does that Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio device pass that through? Is CEC even turned on, on the Mio? I believe it's normally set to OFF, but I don't have the Mio +, so I'm not sure about that one.

What image are you using? If it does this in TNAP, have you tried a different image in one of the other 3 slots that are left?

Is this it?:
    Code:
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/hyperdeckstudio/techspecs/W-HYD-12
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the link you posted points to the device in question. I have CEC turned OFF in the Mio, and also experimented with other HDMI related settings, toggling each on and off and testing. No change.

The installed image is TNAP 4.1. I haven't tried other images as I've only had this receiver for two weeks and I'm still learning. I will do some reading and see if I can figure out how to do that.

4. Likes MikeB liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post
    Hello! I posted this over on Satellite Guys and was told this might be a better place for it.

I purchased an Edision OS mio+ 4K a couple of weeks ago and I like it -- but I've run into an issue:

First, the HDMI output is not accepted by one of my other devices -- a Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus. The video cuts to black every couple of seconds or so, with no real pattern. This occurs when setting the Edision to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The only mode I've found that works is 480i, but clearly that's of no value.

I also have an Amiko receiver, and the Blackmagic device has no problem with that.

On the flip side, I have another capture device -- a Hauppauge HD PVR -- that accepts the output from the Edision with no issues. So, it seems like there must be something about the output of the Edision that the Blackmagic recorder does not like, but I can't seem to any settings that will clear it up. I've tried other HDMI cables, etc. etc. to no avail.

Any thoughts appreciated!
    What is the model of the Amiko receiver?
    What is the model of the Hauppauge HD PVR ?

TNAP images delete the 50Hz mode for most video formats. This was done because some users cannot control their receivers and end up in 50 Hz mode while connected to a 60Hz tv or monitor. So to make things easier, 50Hz modes were removed to make the receiver more user friendly in North America.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Amiko is the Mini 4K UHD S2X. The Hauppauge is the HD PVR 2.

I see the 50Hz option in the menu -- if I select that by accident (for instance, 1080i/50) the box reboots. I have it set at 720p/60, or 1080i/60. The Blackmagic recorder indicates that it is receiving those resolutions, but it is unhappy with something.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the box have an error when it reboots when using the 50Hz option?
    You may see the 50Hz option in the menu, but for most resolutions, it is disabled.

There are three more slots in the receiver. Load a different image into another slot and test it. This is probably the easiest way to figure out the problem.

8. Likes MikeB liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, an error comes as the box reboots. Pic of the message below.

As for the suggestion to load a different image in another slot for testing, that sounds like a good plan. First though I'll have to read-up on the topic. I spent 43 years working in television engineering, and have owned several C and Ku systems, but this receiver has a little bit of a learning curve.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That error can probably be fixed by editing one line of code in one file. So you have a choice of installing an edited file into the receiver or loading a different image. I can provide the edited file if you are comfortable installing it into the receiver. Or I can provide instructions on loading a different image. Either one is easy to do.
    Loading the edited file will require telnet and FileZilla or other ftp program. Linux computers are easier than Windows
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not concerned about the error when selecting 50Hz, as that’s not something I plan to do. I only discovered that when I selected 50Hz by accident.

If you’d like to provide instructions on how to load a different image (to troubleshoot the Blackmagic problem), that would be terrific. Many thanks in advance!

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a Known-To-Be-Good USB drive of at least 1 GB in size.

Download the image in the link below and install it (zipped) onto the usb drive.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do these steps:
    (1) Insert usb drive with zipped image into the receiver. Restart the receiver so the drive will be recognized.You may verify the usb drive is seen by pressing Menu--->Information--->About. The usb drive information will be at the bottom of the About page.

(2)Exit to a channel, then press Menu--->Setup--->Flash image. Press OK button. Highlight and select Downloaded images. Highlight the image you downloaded and press OK.

(3) A drop-down menu should appear showing each slot twice. Select the slot you want to flash the new image to and make sure it has ",with backup" beside the slot number you want to flash.

(4) Press OK and the flash process should start.

(5) Once the image is flashed, you should have an option to boot to that slot in the drop-down box. Else exit to a channel, Press Menu--->Standby/restart--->Multiboot image selector and press OK.

(6) When the box boots to the newly installed image, it will ask questions about autorestore. Do absolutely nothing. Get up and leave. Come back in 5-10 minutes and the new image should be running on the last channel of your old image (TNAP).

The autorestore feature is fairly complete. TNAP is based on OpenPLi, so all of your information that is already in the receiver should transfer to the new image without errors. More or less, Flashing an image is automatic. OE alliance images are different. It is not suggested to auto restore an OE Alliance image using an OpenPLi backup or autorestore. You can restore an OE Alliance image with OpenPli type backup, but there will be errors.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast