Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Very nice instructions— thanks! I’ll give that a try over the weekend and report the results.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to successfully install the image you provided. Sadly, it had no effect on the HDMI issue as far as the Blackmagic recorder is concerned. I tried 720p/60 and 1080/60. As before, no problem if the Edision is set to 480i/60.

If interested, here's a short video clip of the recorder's screen that visualizes the problem:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'd guess that there's probably no setting that's going to resolve this -- it's likely just some kind of incompatibility between the two devices.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The video looks like a cabling problem to me. HDMI cables will do that exact same thing...

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried several cables with the same result. All work OK if plugged into the Amiko, or other devices. But, I will experiment with a few others ...

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post
    I've tried several cables with the same result. All work OK if plugged into the Amiko, or other devices. But, I will experiment with a few others ...
    I just had a thought, that may be worth trying. Do you have a powered HDMI switch laying around for test purposes? If so, install it between the Mio and the Blackmagic device, and see if that changes anything.

My thought is that it'll buffer the signal, and perhaps make it work. Or, you can purchase and try an ACTIVE Hdmi cable. They aren't the same as a simple passive cable.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post
    Sounds like the cable is not the problem.
    There should be a file named backup or similar that will be on the usb stick that you used to load the PLi image into a different slot. Please zip this file and post it here in this thread. I say this assuming you have no logins to facebook or similar websites while using the fta receiver.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, no Facebook, etc for me. Requested zip file with Backup folder attached. I appreciate the time you're spending to investigate this.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I just had a thought, that may be worth trying. Do you have a powered HDMI switch laying around for test purposes? If so, install it between the Mio and the Blackmagic device, and see if that changes anything.

My thought is that it'll buffer the signal, and perhaps make it work. Or, you can purchase and try an ACTIVE Hdmi cable. They aren't the same as a simple passive cable.
    Excellent thoughts. My HDMI switcher is a DVDO powered switch. I tried using that as a buffer, but same problem. I have some Monoprice active cables -- the type that have a "source" and "destination" end -- just tried one of those, but sadly, it didn't help.

I’ve thought about buying an HDMI-to-SDI converter, to feed the recorder via SDI, but I’m not sure it’s worth it to throw more money at this. May just cut my losses and use the Amiko.
    Last edited by videojanitor; 04-16-2022 at 10:12 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post clear pictures of the video settings in the Amiko??? Thanks.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go. I captured one while set to 1080i/60, and another when set to 720p/60. While doing so, I noted something of interest: The Blackmagic recorder indicates it's receiving 1080i/60 and 720p/60 from the Amiko, but 1080/59.94 and 720p/59.94 from the Edision. According to the Blackmagic specs, all those rates are supported, so *theoretically* shouldn't matter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast