Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Signal Finder Transponder Services List?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Waking up the forums with tekkie stuff here. They need it. Bear spray to me consists of a good dose of rock salt. My neighbor left a load of groceries in his SUV last winter over night. A black bear tore it up trying to get inside. Anyway...

I'm just breaking in my new osmio4k+.
    It came with OpenViX flashed in slot 1. Getting ready to flash TNAP and give it a whirl. I'm not exactly sure what to look for in the 2nd tuner just yet. Using an osmio4k from Brian for a few years now.

So. In Signal Finder there is a cool option to see what is on a tp before actually scanning it. And from older posts I see that the same may be included in TNAP.

I was wondering if that is something that could be installed in other images easily.....or even with a bit of work.
    My osmio4k is running OpenATV 6.4 on a daily basis. The XYL likes the button layout, and I like hot meals. So. It's a good trade off. Si? lol!!

Is getting the service info function implemented into signal finder a royal pita for something like openatv?
    I tried copying the Python module from ViX to it. No joy.

Oh, okay. I don't really shoot bears! I think they're cool beasts.

2. Thanks ViP3R, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes EnoSat liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. I sure wish I was programming savvy. Or had a mentor who could give me right direction to look.
    Even a flowchart of sorts of how the option is inserted in signal finder.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some sort of clue would help....
    I tried copying the Python module from ViX to it. No joy
    What is the name of the file and the file's exact location that you copied from VIX?

To make it easy & simple, copy the VIX AutoBouquetsMaker and the Satfinder folders located at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins.
    Install these two folders and their contents into the ATV image. (delete the ATV Satfinder folder first before copying.)

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even a flowchart of sorts of how the option is inserted in signal finder.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    To answer. The same as you instructed. Both ViX and TNAP have SatFinder. The same as ATV.
    I did try that but not the AutoBouquetsMaker.
    I just went SSH into the box. Went init 4.
    Used Filezilla to first backup then delete the 2 folders.
    Copied the ViX folders. < On a previous try I also tried the TNAP folder SatFinder.>
    Went init 3.
    I lost setup>reception>signal finder.
    A cold boot of the box didn't restore it.
    Reversed the procedure. Got the original signal finder back and functioning.
    I've never really used AutoBouquetMaker.
    But cool. Looks like I had the right idea. Even if it was a fail.
    Difference in Python <something>? Maybe?
    Also. Kinda funny how the reception menu pops up Signal Finder but the folder is named Satfinder.

I also found an ipk installer named Signal finder for DVB-S(S2) tuners: 2.4.
    Colorful thing. But no services option.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the Python version of the files are different? I think OpenATV 6.4 uses Python 2 whereas OpenVix is now using Python 3. The Python version can be found in the receiver (Menu--->Information--->About). When changing Python files, they usually have to be from the same version to work.

TNAP 4.2 Has the extra feature you are looking for. This image has never been fully completed for one reason or another, and will be the last TNAP in Python 2. TNAP images are based on OpenPLi. OpenATV and OpenVix are OE Alliance images. OpenPLi and OE Alliance are not put together exactly the same which means you cannot always transfer files between the two without making modifications. Also images in OE Alliance may be different which also leads to file swap issues.

The Plugin Name does not have to be the same as the folder name. The Plugin name is defined in Python for this particular plugin. Using different names can also cause confusion, but that is just the way things are.

8. Thanks stephan94, ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. I have 4.2 installed and updated. I'd like to save some time and transfer my nims lines into settings and a few other things to speed up the config.
    Not seeing much of anything such as FTP and terminal setup. No terminal in the webif either.
    It's not really liking my external HDD. ViX was cool with it. Not really wanting to initialize and wipe it. Did manage to do an fsck in settings with flying colors!
    What would be the credentials for an SSH session? Using Putty.
    I did search the forums for key words first. Perhaps a sticky?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Information on how to transfer antenna settings between images should be in the forums. Basically, you just copy the nims from one settings file to another. Put enigma2 to sleep while you are transferring. OpenATV has their own idea of how nims should be as shown in the link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Security updates require a password to be entered in some images. TNAP 4.2 should only require the username root to start a telnet session.

Hard drive should work the same as any other image. I have two receivers with internal hard drives that have no disc issues that I know about. Other receivers have usb drives that work for me without issues. So more information would be needed on your hard drive issue or problem.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. I've done it in the past. When I setup my first sat in 4.2 (for a reference point) and went init 4.
    I copied my existing nims lines for C & Ku sats from 131W to 47.5W into the settings file. Overwriting the original that I setup for a reference. Went init 3. No sats configured.
    Rebooted the box. Still nothing. So I setup the same satellite and saved the settings.
    It was then that I noticed a slight formatting difference. It shows right away:
    TNAP 4.2
    config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.diseqcMode=1_2
    config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=c_band
    config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.powerMeasurement=fals e
    config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.uncommittedDiseqcComm and=1
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.2607.lnb=1
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.2607.rotorposition=14
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.2607.tonemode=off
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.2607.usals=false
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=2607
    config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced

ATV 6.4:
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.sat.2607.lnb=1
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.sat.2607.rotorposition =14
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.sat.2607.tonemode=off
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.sat.2607.usals=false

And it looks like ATV is keeping these settings at the beginning of the nims lines instead of carrying them over like 4.2 and perhaps ViX (I'll check on that later):
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.1.diseqcMode=1_2
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.1.lof=c_band
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.1.powerMeasurement =false
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.1.uncommittedDiseq cCommand=1
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.diseqcMode=1_2
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.lof=user_defined
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.lofh=10750
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.lofl=10750
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.powerMeasurement =false
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.threshold=10750
    config.Nims.0.dvbs.advanced.lnb.2.uncommittedDiseq cCommand=2

After poking around a bit I did find that a telnet session would get me into the console of 4.2 . Unlike ATV which requires SSH. So that's cool.
    ViX does like my hdd. TNAP seems to want to call it USB.Even though in the menus I can select it as my storage device. And something like assigning my movies to the existing movies folder comes up with a "can't write to" (or something like that).
    I think sometime in the past using TNAP I had to initialize and format it. Then things worked.
    Of course when I went back to ATV I had to do it all over again. And that, kiddies, is why we backup to our pc's and create a full image backup.

Signalfinder and Auto Boquets folder transfers were a wash into ATV. Same results as ViX. Completely lost those selections in Setup. No biggie.
    I even did a bit of Googlin' to see if I could convert the Python files to 2.7.18 that ATV is using. Or maybe take the link you posted and compile Signalfinder.
    Way over my current skill level. If it would even work at all. In ViX and TNAP I do see the "yellow button" text in the file.

I'll throw up my hands in the air for a bit and get used to this new mio 4k+.

12. Thanks patmanpatman13 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I even did a bit of Googlin' to see if I could convert the Python files to 2.7.18 that ATV is using. Or maybe take the link you posted and compile Signalfinder.
    I don't think you quite understand. You may compile all day long, but if the distros are different, it either won't compile or won't work. Plus compiling an enigma2 image using Windows would be a joy within itself.

At least one OpenATV developer prefers to write the enigma2 code different where it is not easy to borrow or share.. You have seen a bit of that in transferring the antenna settings. No one in North America that I know of is even trying to work with the OpenATV developers. There are some people from North America who show up on the ATV forum to complain about something not working or maybe even ask for something to be added, but that really doesn't qualify as working with the developers.

14. Thanks ViP3R, patmanpatman13, ArloG thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast