Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Well... I have 3 slots that still work using WebIF soooo. Would hate to loose even that.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bit the bullet and ran the recovery file. Still no video after the Edison splash screen. Was able to log in with WebIF and do the initial setup, still no video on any slots.

But for whatever reason it did not wipe my other 3 slots. I was still able to watch tv on WebIF as before.

Too tired to fool with it more tonight.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like your receiver cannot be repaired without replacing some hardware.

5. Thanks armadillo_115 thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't use the 'force' option though. Would that be a problem?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have some interesting update...

I have not yet tried the recovery file that you uploaded, I wanted to do a backup first and also download all the service data to DreamboxEdit, so I tried Magatron's suggestion of setting the output resolution to 480. That worked, I get a picture.

Now here is the kicker... if I choose to set it to 480i or 480p and I do not respond to the question of whether it's working or not, then it reverts to 1080p and... I get a 1080p picture (looks HD to me and my TV also says it's 1920x1080...

Now if I do a deep standby and power up again, i'm back at no video until I do this again. But at least it's reproducible.

BTW, I did not mention this earlier but I had not downloaded any recent updates to the system, unless some happen automaticaly without user input

let me know if I should run more tests.

in a way, I can live with that since I don't reboot too often, but I also want to be able to install other images if needed, or at least to update TNAP to 4.2 at some point (and hopefully future version beyond 4.2) and I'm not sure I would be able to do that trick again during an installation

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using the 'force' option to load an image does not change the image. Force only changes the image to load automatically without user input.

brct203,

It would probably be a good idea dump what you have in the receiver and start over. Your log shows an error that should not be there. Install the recovery, then if it works OK for video, immediately load the image of your choice on top of it. Use the same procedure earlier ( nothing on the usb stick except the recovery files, and nothing connected to the receiver except hdmi cable).
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Thanks brct203 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I have another update... and some good progress

I ran that recovery image that you posted, it ran fine, it installed your custom-built openPLI, even with 1080p video. So far so good.

Then if I reboot, i run into the same problem, but I'm able to navigate to the video menu, and set the resolution to 480 and I get a picture. And the kicker is that now I can set the video back to 1080 and it stuill works. But after each restart I have to do this procedure. This is the case on that custom openPLI image, on the TNAP 4.1 that I had before in Slot4 that didn't get wiped, and on a fresh TNAP 4.1 in slot2.

However, I have also installed OpenVIX in slot 3 and that one seems to be working perfectly, even after a restart.

I have not tried any other images, but I certainly could if you think that could help figure out the root cause.

Thanks for the awesome help!

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you are not making a "Clean Install" and instead are using some settings that are bad?

Try zipping and posting the settings file in /etc/enigma2 of the receiver's files. Let's see what the settings look like.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok here are the 3 "settings" files. One from the remaining TNAP41 that I was not using but was installed before the problem started, one from a clean new install I did today and one from the new install of openVIX
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look real close at the hdmi cable you are using between the receiver and the tv or monitor. Try replacing it with one that you know for a fact is good if these problems continue.

You may also try the attached edited settings file in your original TNAP. It had an extra entry in it that I removed. To install it, use telnet or putty.

init 4 (Stops enigma2)
    Move altered settings file to /etc/enigma2
    init 3 (starts enigma2)
    Attached Files Attached Files

15. Likes Megatron817, brct203 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast