Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    TNAP-5-Test Thread
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    TNAP-5 should be available as a test image soon, as time permits. TNAP-5 is based on OpenPLI and will contain python 3.9. Previous images of TNAP used a python 2 version which is outdated. Changing to python 3 requires the re-write of many files and some other adjustments. TNAP-5 will have a smaller number of downloadable plugins when compared to previous versions of TNAP, but it is doubtful that many North American users will notice this.

TNAP-5 should support some newer plugins such as Pluto tv. TNAP-5 will also contain some updates in Positioner setup and other places due to file re-writes or file updates. There will be less skins available on TNAP -5 because most of the skins were made using python 2. In a way, the change from python 2 to python 3 is a blessing because we will lose some things that were made years ago that no longer work, but are for some reason, still in the feeds.

TNAP-4.2 will be the last version of python 2. A small amount of updates are still being generated for python 2 images, but this is expected to stop in a short period of time. So we either move forward a bit with TNAP-5, python 3.9, or we don't move at all...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by el bandido; 07-16-2023 at 02:39 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standing by to try loading TNAP 5. I've nothing to lose. I'm in an RV in the woods and my Edision Mio+ won't start at all now with my TNAP-4.2 loaded which used to work fine. A very hot trip in the car across the country may have been a factor. The Mio+ started initially OK, but venturing into Standby and Deep Standby resulted in it turning off and never coming back. I've been trying to load TNAP-4.1 from USB but the usual method doesn't work. It seems the Mio+ just won't recognize the USB stick.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carefully Check the power supply. Loading a different image will probably not solve anything. Will be best to start a thread if you need help with it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for tip. Output from AC adapter rated at 2 A was +12.12 V no load. Seemed a little low. Tried ham power supply with +13.8 V. Correct polarity. I couldn't resist trying. On Mio+ power on, a tiny puff of smoke came out of Mio+. I suspect I need to find a different hobby for now. We now return thread to TNAP-5.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Open the MIO up by removing its case and check capacitors.

8. Thanks cyberham thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Testing Pluto Tv Bouquet and epg on OpenPli Py3 test image and it is working Pretty well. Pulled the bouquet file from PurE2 Py2 image that Pluto didn't work very well on and have to boot back in to PurE2 slot to update the Pluto epg. Ready tor Tnap5 for the full working Pluto TV now that I know it works with py3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Thanks el bandido, eastof111, stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes sattech64 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you having to boot back and forth to update? Please upload whatever files you are using. Thanks.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On post 1 your picture number 2 it shows to press green button to create a bouquet. That will create the bouquet at ect/ Enigma2 and download the epg and picons. My epg .dat file is stored on the external hdd so when I boot to PurE2 image and press the green button in the pluto tv plugin epg .dat gets updated and going back to Openpli py3 image it uses the same epg.dat on the hdd. I moved the picons and the pluto.tv bouquet from PurE2 over to Openpl py3i. That is the only files i'm using.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things seem pretty stable. You may try one of these test images. We need to get the epg for Pluto tv working in TNAP if possible. I have not used Pluto TV yet. Thanks.

15. Thanks Megatron817, stephan94, sattech64 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pluto TV EPG is loading fine. Picons will show after a restart that is normal. Played a Pluto VOD for a minute to test and was fine. Pluto Tv Live channels are playing fine. Advertisements are playing normal so far. On my other test on Openpli py3 test image the advertisements did not always play properly. I suspecting Tnap5 may show the same issue. Time will tell.
    Thanks!

17. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast