Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    So, I think my guess that the tuner in my edision is a lemon is accurate.
    I noticed that in to instances (so far), edision shows better snr than vu, but with snowy pic !!
    vu shows lower snr but the pic is steady !!!
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, it looks like my suspicion about a lemon tuner in my edision is thru.
    I noticed in 2 tp (so far), edision shows better snr then vu, but the pic is snowy !!!
    vu shows less snr, but the pic is steady !!!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by lme; 11-11-2022 at 10:53 AM.
    Nihil sine Deo !

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is something funky about the Panamericana signal. That's the one I have had so much trouble with.

But my Mio would lock it when my other receivers couldn't. Working ok so far since I changed lnb's... but the signal level is never very good.

BTW: Panamerican is available free online. Got to run now but I can dig up the link later if you need it.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lme View Post
    So, I think my guess that the tuner in my edision is a lemon is accurate.
    I noticed that in to instances (so far), edision shows better snr than vu, but with snowy pic !!
    vu shows lower snr but the pic is steady !!!
    How did you manage to get your Vu+ Zero4K to show signal in db? Mine seems to only show in % which is not the same.

The transponder for Claro Cinema is DVB-S2 8PSK with a fec of 5/6. A signal such as this needs around 9.4 - 10db to open correctly, but your showing about 9db for signal.Your below the signal threshold to correctly open this channel. Plus it is biss encrypted which can cause other signal related problems.

If the Zero4K is working that much better for you then sell the MIO and get another Zero4K. Most likely, you need to do something to improve your signal a bit. LNB's can only do so much. LNB's are not miracle workers.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    How did you manage to get your Vu+ Zero4K to show signal in db? Mine seems to only show in % which is not the same.

The transponder for Claro Cinema is DVB-S2 8PSK with a fec of 5/6. A signal such as this needs around 9.4 - 10db to open correctly, but your showing about 9db for signal.Your below the signal threshold to correctly open this channel. Plus it is biss encrypted which can cause other signal related problems.

If the Zero4K is working that much better for you then sell the MIO and get another Zero4K. Most likely, you need to do something to improve your signal a bit. LNB's can only do so much. LNB's are not miracle workers.
    few years ago, vu was showing snr in % & db, but now has % only option. I can only estimate the equivalent of % in db.
    here are the snr from vu:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    here is the edision pic for panamericana:
    ..as for selling the edision i'll do it, not that i want another vu but just to recup some $...
    Last edited by lme; 11-11-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    Nihil sine Deo !

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lme View Post
    few years ago, vu was showing snr in % & db, but now has % only option. I can only estimate the equivalent of % in db.
    here are the snr from vu:
    here is the edision pic for panamericana:
    ..as for selling the edision i'll do it, not that i want another vu but just to recup some $...
    Could be the low signal along with the tuner driver on the Open vix image. Try the signal with TNAP 4.2 It will have the no t2mi driver. No way I would sell my Mio4k box. Ive got a VU+ 4k and a mutant60. Mio4k is my fav.

9. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The same situation is on all 4 images:
    tnap4.2, openbh, openvix & atv.
    but i think the discussion about the receivers is out of the lnbf subject of this menu.
    maybe a user with good results from a osmio receiver can share his own lnb settings for c-band & ku-band.
    I just want to make sure my settings are good.
    here they are:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Nihil sine Deo !

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LNB settings are for the dish system. There are no Good or Bad LNB antenna settings. There are antenna lnb settings that work, and those that don't. The lnb settings you have shown are probably correct for the lnb's you have.

Several things are in play when receiving a satellite signal. Some of them are:
    lnb
    dish - antenna
    cabling
    connectors
    switches
    receiver and tuner

All of the items listed above can add to or take away from the noise floor. A lot of times we will have enough satellite signal, but cannot receive it because our systems generate too much noise. This is supposedly why there is a signal to noise ratio (snr). Usually the easiest way to increase the satellite signal and get it above the noise is to increase the dish antenna size. But for a lot of us, that is not possible.

Trying to decrypt an encrypted signal is another bag of worms that can cause reception problems. Any cam is a complicated device and users in Europe will tell you some cams work better than others. People that are trying to decrypt channels are usually using information that is shared openly on the internet and is seen by everyone, including the people that are doing the encrypting. So it's easy to see why encrypted channels can have reception problems when you try to decrypt them.

Shown below are screencaps of a channel on 16apsk transponder with 5/6 fec. A transponder like this takes 11-12 db to open. If you watch the signal meter and move the dish, you will probably see 11 db, then nothing. The fta receiver is working just fine, but the requirements of the transponder require a lot of signal. Modulation types have a lot to do with reception. When you have signal problems, modulation type and transponder fec should be the first things you look at.

12. Thanks lme thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115, MikeB liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got involved in this hobby in 2015, when I got this dish system from an old italian person, located couple miles away from me. This is what I found in his system:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I assume all the hardware dates beck to nineteen O summer era !!
    I could read the name of the dish as being StarTrack brand.
    I went a step up and replaced his corotor with a corotor 2, as I need to get the ku side also in the mix.
    The old lnb found is still in service, and is working better then norsat 5115 dro, for witch i need an elbow to install it, and of course losing ~3db from the snr.
    I understand that there are a lot of variable involved in the reception starting with the weather down to hardware and software. As I was suspected, there is no fixed recipe for lnb settings.
    Nihil sine Deo !

14. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    VuPlus Zero 4K should have db signal readings again.

Next PLi image update should include it. Oe Alliance images will probably adopt it too.

Hopefully this db feature will be useful even if it is wildly inaccurate.

16. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast