First: This is not a test of the latest and greatest. The Norsat 8525RF DRO has been around a long time It was simply the best DRO I could find without going to a power hungry PLL.

Second: My 'results' will be based on visual experience only. I do not have a reliable signal meter to give signal strength differences.

Third: My main goal is to get a stable lock on Panamericana @ 117W. Anything else is gravy. I have struggled with this darn horizontal channel every since changing over to dual lnb feed horns with cheap lnb's ... as some of you already know.

Here goes:
So far, early test results of the Norsat 8525RF are showing some improvement over the Norsat 8115 previously installed. I rarely see a micro glitch on Panamericana now. I no longer grate my teeth, pull out my hair, and listen to the wife grumble. I still expect rain fade though.

I have gained at least a few lockable channels, although nothing especially desirable . More channels may be found in the future.

It doesn't seem like any transponders have suffered from the change.

The Norsat 8115 will be kept as a spare. It receives everything we want on the vertical side. And is good for both H/V on the 'eastern' bud. I hope to buy 1 or 2 more 8525RF before they are all gone.

More testing to follow.

BTW: I'm already receiving some HEVC and the Nasa UHD. I plan to try for the music mux on 105W just to see if I can.

Any suggestions for transponders that are difficult to receive?