1. Collapse Details
    Trouble Updating to TNAP 4.2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm trying to update from TNAP 4.0 TO 4.2 but having an issue.

I did a full backup on one of my flash drives and it went smoothly. I then downloaded TNAP 4.2 to the desktop and put it in a file named "Downloaded_Images" and transferred the "Downloaded_Images" file to my other flash drive. I then transferred the flash drive to the Os Mio and selected "Flash Image" but the new TNAP 4.2 image file didn't show, instead it shows TNAP 4.0. Evidently I've done something wrong, what do I need to do to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make a folder named downloaded_images. Then put the file named TNAP-4.2-osmio4k-20220912_multiboot.zip inside the downloaded_images folder.

Next, copy the downloaded_images folder onto the usb drive and insert the drive into the receiver. Reboot the box so the usb drive can be seen by the receiver, then you can install the image. There will be an option to select the downloaded_images folder when you select Flash image in the receiver's menus.

The folder has to be named EXACTLY as shown above. Downloaded_Images is wrong! Don't use upper case letters.

Here is what one of my usb drives looks like. (Ignore the other two folders as they aren't needed.)

Let me know if you can't get it to work and we will try something else. Also, don't unzip the file named TNAP-4.2-osmio4k-20220912_multiboot.zip The receiver will unzip it when it is being installed.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I followed your instructions and 4.2 is now showing. I think it was the fact that I wasn't rebooting after inserting the flash drive. I originally had the downloaded_images file with the lower case letters but while trying to figure out the problem online I came across a site that showed the downloaded_images file with capital letters, so I gave it a try but needless to say it didn't work.

It's a little late now, so I think I'll wait till tomorrow to load the new software.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loaded 4.2 today and everything seemed to go okay but I can't get the time shift function to work. When I hit the pause button I get the hand icon on the screen. I tried pressing it twice, as I have to do this when using 4.0 in order to get the time shift to start, but it didn't work either. The time shift function works great for me on 4.0 except for when I use the My Blue Shadow skin, which is my preferred skin. It works most of the time even when using the My Blue Shadow skin except it will crash when I try to pause an HD channel such as METV or PBS, occasionally it works on those as well, but rarely.

I tried one of the other skins on 4.2 but the time shift wouldn't work with it either.

Any idea what could be wrong?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navagator View Post
    I loaded 4.2 today and everything seemed to go okay but I can't get the time shift function to work. When I hit the pause button I get the hand icon on the screen. I tried pressing it twice, as I have to do this when using 4.0 in order to get the time shift to start, but it didn't work either. The time shift function works great for me on 4.0 except for when I use the My Blue Shadow skin, which is my preferred skin. It works most of the time even when using the My Blue Shadow skin except it will crash when I try to pause an HD channel such as METV or PBS, occasionally it works on those as well, but rarely.

I tried one of the other skins on 4.2 but the time shift wouldn't work with it either.

Any idea what could be wrong?
    That is a recording path for time shift needs to be changed. Recording paths is in expert settings menu. It is /media/hdd/timeshift/ by default change hdd to usb or what ever your storage is listed as. Use dream explorer plugin go to the media folder see what folders are available.

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply. I changed the record path for timeshifting and it's working great now, even on HD channels. No crashes so far.

I have one more problem, I can't find the "system time" menu. The clock is 6 minutes off. On TNAP 4.0 it's under setup/system/system time, but not on 4.2 for me.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the internet connected 4.2 gets the time at boot up. should be correct but i'm not sure why its not.

11. Likes MikeB liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have the internet but it was down for most of the day today. But after it came back on the clock updated. I did find a couple of time settings (Synchronize Method & NTP Host Name) in setup/system/customize, are these the only time settings?

Thanks

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Because that is all you need. Time is set automatically through cron timers and is also reset during a reboot.

Use Internet time (ntp) for best results.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, sounds good.

Thanks