Thread: Time Adjustment

1. Collapse Details
    Time Adjustment
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Is there any way to manually adjust the time on 4.2? My internet is down and according to the powers that be it will be for the rest of this week and half of next. So when the power came back on it's set on 1969 and I can find nowhere to adjust the time so all my record events are pretty much shot
    So if someone can educate me I'd so gladly appreciate. I make the 30 mile trek a couple of times a day to check my email and such

Wayne
    Backwoods FTA
    No OTA, Well Actually one carrier now

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure use command line ->date +%T -s "11:14:00"

Executive

3. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, MikeB, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes mc6809e liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some transponders with the right time and date too. I know 103w ku-band 12145 V 20000, 99w c-band 4180 V 27500 Bars & tone or if using Hauppauge for ATSC any of those channels should work. You need to set one of those channels as a startup service and change the time setting to use transponder time. Once you restart you will get the right time.

5. Thanks el bandido, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, mc6809e liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the late reply. Ive been getting things setup with the new satellite internet and it's troubles The transponder time worked fine on 103W and in fact Ive continued to work that way. I had to switch from wired to wireless on the LAN due to me no having enough CAT5 cable to make to the new location of the satellite modem. Since that change for some reason I can't see the OS MIO on the network even though the receiver is obtaining data from the connection. My other computers and main server show up. I use that connection for downloading recordings I would like to save. I gotta figure out that little problem if I can anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for the suggestions on the time issue!

WT
    Backwoods FTA

7. Likes el bandido liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sattech64 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. Ive been getting things setup with the new satellite internet and it's troubles The transponder time worked fine on 103W and in fact Ive continued to work that way. I had to switch from wired to wireless on the LAN due to me no having enough CAT5 cable to make to the new location of the satellite modem. Since that change for some reason I can't see the OS MIO on the network even though the receiver is obtaining data from the connection. My other computers and main server show up. I use that connection for downloading recordings I would like to save. I gotta figure out that little problem if I can anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for the suggestions on the time issue!

WT
    Recheck your Windows firewall settings.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have most of that problem fixed. A couple of restarts and it now shows up on my network. Just have some privilege problems ironed out.

Thanks for the help

WT
    Backwoods FTA