1. Collapse Details
    New Edision Mio+ w/TNAP 4.1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I just received my brand new Edision OS Mio+. It came installed with TNAP4.1. The About screen identifies it as Last update: 2021-10-24. But I online updated the receiver yesterday and Slot 1 identifies the current image as TNAP 4.1 (2023-01-23).

I struggled a little to get wifi working but it seems that was caused by a combination of which encryption I selected (ended leaving it at WPA2) and perhaps how I entered the password. All is good now with accurate date/time. I enjoyed streaming through the media player last night watching a full movie. I have no dishes installed now so I can't check any satellite operation.

Questions:
    1. Is there any reason to upgrade to TNAP 4.2 with TNAP 4.1 working well? Since I won't be using it to receive satellites for months yet, perhaps I should just wait until I get a dish and go to TNAP 5 later this summer.
    2. The Weather MSN plugin doesn't work. I seem to recall this plugin stopped working at some point in the TNAP evolution. Should it work?

It's good to be back in the Edision world with an old Mio+ for spare parts if required.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent! Glad you enjoy the MIO!
    The Weather MSN plugin has been broken for some time. Don't know when or if it will be fixed. The 4.2 version is just an update of 4.1 with a few minor changes. TNAP-5 will probably be finished in two to four weeks.