1. Collapse Details
    Updating software
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I bought a Mio about a year ago and really like it. Although I have many years in the satellite industry, I do not have much experience with enigma.

My Mio came with TNAP 3.2 which I have been using since day one. I have not attempted to update any of the software. I have some free time and would like to update my Mio to the latest TNAP build and get to know the receiver better.

I notice there are 2 different TNAP 4.2 files, a multiboot and a USB. What is the difference and which one should I use?

I appreciate all replies.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Multiboot image is probably the best one to install unless there is a problem with the receiver. You will need:

USB drive with free space of at least 500MB
    A folder named exactly downloaded_images installed on the usb drive
    A multiboot image.

To install in the receiver:
    Prepare the usb drive by placing the downloaded Zipped multiboot image into the folder on the usb drive named downloaded_images.
    Insert the prepared usb drive into the receiver, then reboot the receiver to make sure the drive is visible for the receiver to use.
    Use the receiver menus and go to, then enter the Flash image menu (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
    Highlight and press OK on the downloaded images in the Flash image menu. Highlight and press OK on the image you prepared and want to install. Follow onscreen instructions.

If you select a slot to install that has with backup, then a settings backup will be made and you will be prompted if you want to install this backup during image installation.

Hope this explains it well enough to get you started. Really a simple process after you do it a few times.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks Digital Steve thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115, norman881 liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The Multiboot image is probably the best one to install unless there is a problem with the receiver. You will need:

USB drive with free space of at least 500MB
    A folder named exactly downloaded_images installed on the usb drive
    A multiboot image.

To install in the receiver:
    Prepare the usb drive by placing the downloaded Zipped multiboot image into the folder on the usb drive named downloaded_images.
    Insert the prepared usb drive into the receiver, then reboot the receiver to make sure the drive is visible for the receiver to use.
    Use the receiver menus and go to, then enter the Flash image menu (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
    Highlight and press OK on the downloaded images in the Flash image menu. Highlight and press OK on the image you prepared and want to install. Follow onscreen instructions.

If you select a slot to install that has with backup, then a settings backup will be made and you will be prompted if you want to install this backup during image installation.

Hope this explains it well enough to get you started. Really a simple process after you do it a few times.
    Thank you for your reply! A couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) When I update the TNAP will it save my settings, like the already programmed satellites/channels?

2) You describe another procedure for updating. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    How is this different than the one above?

Thank You!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will save your settings if you choose with backup as mentioned earlier. If you select a slot to install that has with backup, then a settings backup will be made and you will be prompted if you want to install this backup during image installation.

TNAP3.2 Does not have any TNAP images to update online, so it should not be updated online.

7. Thanks Digital Steve thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    It will save your settings if you choose with backup as mentioned earlier. If you select a slot to install that has with backup, then a settings backup will be made and you will be prompted if you want to install this backup during image installation.

TNAP3.2 Does not have any TNAP images to update online, so it should not be updated online.
    I got it updated! I had some trouble because the Mio would not recognize the USB. After a lot of trial and error, and more reading the forum, I discovered that the USB must be formatted in Fat32. I was using NTFS.

Quick question if you don't mind.

Can I install DreamBox Control Center on my Mio?

I appreciate your help!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DreamBox Control Center is OLD. I don't know if it will install or not. Try it and see. Should not hurt anything. At worst, you would have to reload the image again. So make backup before installing it. BackupSuite can be found in plugins as it is already installed in the receiver.

10. Thanks Digital Steve thanked for this post