Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    LOL!

Anyway, some decent pictures of the TinySA output should be shown. The accuracy of this device in the 950-2150MHz range is impressive considering the price. 101W c band will be used as the first example. These examples are taken from the Windows computer interface. Scans are 950-2150MHz.

TinySa Ultra 101w-Horizontal & FTA blindscan
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<------------------>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The TinySA Ultra clearly shows the 30,000SR transponders, and a fta blindscan is shown as a comparison. The satellite data beacon is marked in the TinySa ultra scan and of course the becon is not shown in the fta blindscan. According to SatBeams, the Horizontal beacon frequency should be 3700.5. The TinySA Ultra shows the beacon frequency to be 3699.7 (5750-2050.3). The Norsat DRO lnbs that are being used have a tolerance of +-500KHz.

TinySa Ultra 101w-Vertical & FTA blindscan
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<------------------>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Again, the 30,000SR transponders are clearly shown. The TinySa Ultra comes impressively close with this beacon frequency of 4199.5, displaying the beacon as: 4199.399 (5750-1550.601). This sort of makes me wonder if the Vertical lnb is a bit better than the Horizontal? I have noticed the Horizontal beacon is not quite as accurate as the vertical beacon on other satellites.

Scan data can also be saved in excel format. Data for the two scans shown above are attached. Technically there are things you can do with this data, including identifying possible transponders that are not found in a blindscan. But we will not cover that in this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks armadillo_115 thanked for this post
    Likes Terryl, Titanium liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive.
    Much more detail on a pc monitor.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much better. but too bad the noise floor is so high, you might see something buried down lower.

5. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most fta receivers cannot receive a signal lower than -60dbm.

Amazonas at 61w is noisy. my lnbs can receive from 3625MHz up to 4800MHz. Amazonas at 61w has activities above 4200MHz.

TinySa Ultra 61w-Horizontal and fta blindscan

The only c band beacon SatBeams list is 4500.1H The TinySa Ultra shows 4499.7 (5750-1250.3). This frequency is marked in the scan.

TinySa Ultra 61w-Vertical and fta blindscan

There is a lot of activity on this satellite. The transponders are not well defined when compared to most other satellites. Anyway, I think this proves that the TinySa Ultra is working at least fairly well on the 950-2150MHz range. Now we need to get it to show us True in-band interference from a cell tower.

The 3 GHz filter should arrive sometime this week. I will make an attempt to travel to a place where I think 5G c band frequencies are operational. Then we can see how or if the filter works. We know that the TinySa Ultra is duplicating frequencies on the cell tower when scanning above 3 GHz. So I think it could be assumed that if any 3GHz frequencies are found that cannot be tied to a duplicate of a lower frequency would be real 3GHz frequencies. We will see....

7. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked Edision if there were any antenna feed line amplifiers anywhere in the receiver. Here is their reply:

Hello,
    thank you for contacting EDISION.

The EDISION OS MIO+ receiver doesn't have any internal amplifier as it works with additional tuners (terrestrial, cable or satellite) that its chipsets are controlled from the additional software-image that the receiver has on it. Installer must provide a sufficient level signal that must overcome the minimum standard threshold, in order receiver can perform satisfactorily.

For further support about this, you must address to any professional installer with professional equipment/meter in order to help you further.

So it appears the only amplifier for the antenna feed line in a consumer type fta receiver is in the lnb. This makes sense because you want to install any line amplifier right below the antenna instead of installing the amplifier at the receiver.

9. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's not quite right with the internal amp's in the receiver, the satellite tuner that is installed has it's own pre-amp's and output amp to supply the receivers de-modulator chip set with the correct signal level it needs, but other then that I would agree, after the internal tuner there wouldnt be another amp.

Quote from Edision: as it works with additional tuners (terrestrial, cable or satellite)

And I would not recommend to use an external amplifier on a satellite system, all it's going to do is raise the noise floor, that is unless you can afford a professional in-line amp for 900 to 3000 MHz. (BIG $$$$)

Hey El Bandido, did that filter have any affect? Or haven't you tried it yet>

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty familiar with the AVL6261 tuner that is in the Edision MIo receivers. I have never seen anything about amplification when working with it for the past several years. So if amplification for antenna line exists in the tuner, then I haven't seen it. The only place I see actual amplification for the antenna line is in the lnb.

There was a nice ice storm out in Texas which delayed the shipping of my 3GHz filter. I checked this afternoon and it shows "shipped". So maybe it will be here Monday or Tuesday.

13. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this PDF file for the tuner module, it is a generic model, but the input diagram is the same, the little pyramids on there side are the input and AGC amps inside the tuner.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It has about 50 dB of variable input gain, this controlled by the RF decoder chip set.

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for splitting the post.
    It'll be good... til we start wandering again.

I'm enjoying reading this thread. Lots of interesting ideas and info being discussed!

BTW: If that 3G filter works... It should be renamed 'Armadillo's Delete Harmonic Disturbance' filter. Or A.D.H.D. for short. lmao

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it fails... 'Elbandido's Dinero' filter. E.D. for short. roflmao

That was wrong... but it was funny.

18. Likes el bandido liked this post
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast