Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Unfortunately, the map doesn't list the 5G frequencies for a particular tower. None of the maps I have seen are 100% accurate either.

A partial list of Verizon 5G bands are: n2, n5, n48, n66, n77, n260, n261. Bands n48 and n77 are c band. The rest of the Verizon 5G bands should not be near enough in frequency to cause a c band satellite antenna any problems. So saying a particular tower is 5G really doesn't mean anything.

The mid-band cellular frequencies that can cause problems for a c band satellite dish do not travel as far as other cellular mid-band frequencies such as the 2500MHz n41 band. To combat or makeup for the loss, beamforming is used, which makes the antennas a bit directional. Beramforming technology has been around since the 1940's.

I also have a cellular tower located about 1 kilometer or a thousand meters from the c band satellite dish. This cell tower is sitting almost dead center of my arc at about 87 degrees w. Will be interesting to see what problems (if any) this causes in the future. Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile are on this tower.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can get the towers co-ordinates you can look it up on the FCC data base, they should have a listing of the frequency's in use.

Code:
    https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is also something called Intermix" and "Inter-mod" this is where frequency "A" mixes with frequency "B"(or C D E F so on) creating a new frequency "X", we get it all the time in the microwave relay and broadcast world.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    If you can get the towers co-ordinates you can look it up on the FCC data base, they should have a listing of the frequency's in use.

Code:
    https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp
    It is common for a corporation or company to buy licenses and not use them --OR use them at a later date. Websites are of limited use at best.

There is no way out of having some test equipment unless you want to guess. Then you still need to know Where the interference is coming from, and how strong it is on your dish.

7. Likes Titanium liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's one on Ebay right now for $175, if somebody wants to try it. Big savings over Rick's.
    Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/175549780723?hash=item28df9512f3:g:hDQAAOSwB-djK4Xy&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoKDvVltyxc%2Bg7oPo9XFIKDGm6B6m4tCPVLIj9t%2BZFE7ixs%2BvI8lJ8mddK3dYlLFi9Lu%2BUJQEi9pkFErAt446JGrERiXivsC%2FozLynjpwldtp1cxBn0cWuRUrebOVx1X0llAoeH%2FSjATm5JMP0H7UXNtj%2FI1Y0hexn03tjYDFsBFExGTXXXBBRTHcZQHuQoojGJOHxTZoR%2FvCwh0bKQPXeV4%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8a3zbKtYQ
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

9. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick is always overpriced on most of his stuff. But if I'm going to pay a hundred and seventy for something, it would be an analyzer. I would rather move my dish than install two filters, providing of course, that moving the dish would work.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, Titanium liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    An android cell phone may also provide some clues. Dial *#*#4636#*#*, then select phone info. Scroll down a bit and you will see a listing of every frequency the phone can see. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes for the frequency list to fully populate. The phone screenshot shown below is showing 5G service. But NONE of the listed frequencies are anywhere close to our c band satellite frequencies. In order for this to work, your Android phone needs to be capable of receiving n48 and n77, n78 bands.

13. Thanks Megatron817, MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes Titanium liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    go to r and l electronics, tiny sa ultra 200 hz to 6ghz, in stock less $$ , known brand , updates and support by mfg, go to groups io tiny sa

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mememeth View Post
    go to r and l electronics, tiny sa ultra 200 hz to 6ghz, in stock less $$ , known brand , updates and support by mfg, go to groups io tiny sa

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, if you hook a TinySA to an C Band lnb for checking RI... what size attenuator would be needed?

Hopefully I won't have 5G interference, but be good to know if it happens.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast