Thread: I’m a dumba$$

1. Collapse Details
    I’m a dumba$$
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    So I have an Edision Mio+ 4k with two fixed dishes at 87”w and 103w.

It took me way too long to figure out how to use a diseq 4x1 switch because of bad assumptions on my part!

I have two standard 10750 LNBs on 2 dishes. I assigned LNB 1 to my standard ku lnb 10750 and selected lnb 1 for both

DOH!!!

What a dumba$$

You don’t tell the the receiver what all the lnbs are and assign them all to to that type. Each lnb is a physical entity and each lnb is different

So once I figured that out, I realized that I didn’t have 2 lnb 1s at 10750, I had lnb 1 at 10750 and a second one at 10750

I know. I know. Y’all that have done this for years would never have forked this up… but maybe another newbie will.

Peace

2. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115, MikeB liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarrett56 View Post
    So I have an Edision Mio+ 4k with two fixed dishes at 87”w and 103w.

It took me way too long to figure out how to use a diseq 4x1 switch because of bad assumptions on my part!

I have two standard 10750 LNBs on 2 dishes. I assigned LNB 1 to my standard ku lnb 10750 and selected lnb 1 for both

DOH!!!

What a dumba$$

You don’t tell the the receiver what all the lnbs are and assign them all to to that type. Each lnb is a physical entity and each lnb is different

So once I figured that out, I realized that I didn’t have 2 lnb 1s at 10750, I had lnb 1 at 10750 and a second one at 10750

I know. I know. Y’all that have done this for years would never have forked this up… but maybe another newbie will.

Peace
    Well you was able figure it out so that makes you not a dumba$$. I got a fixed dish on 103w ku here as well and a C band that I haven't got motorized yet but I am using it doing the manually moving thing. gives me exercise or maybe I am a dumda$$. lol

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post