Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    If you go by your yellow arrow in the picture it is about 20 and 5/8".
    Megatron, I wasn't sure exactly which points you measured from. I measured from back of feed arm to where feed arm ends and the lnb bracket begins. (Bracket is another 3/8" approx at the BOTTOM)

I get 20" when I measure a straight line from notch in feed horn to dish. LNB is 1.75" further back.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jus for kicks.... I temporarily taped in the maverick lnb this afternoon. (Without feed horn) Of course it was too big for the holder and set a bit high. I have not extended the feed arm yet either. So wasn't expecting much.

Tried for 97W or 99W. No luck... trees probably blocking in at the test location. I started panning and found a bit of signal further west. Played with elevation, skew, and wiggling the lnb around. Got a maximum lnb signal of 77. Scanned in 10 transponders (plus one double) but no locks. Freqs match Anik 3. SR's do not match though. Presume Sr's have changed since last lyngsat updates.

Waiting for the correct lnb/feed horn to arrive before doing anything else.

3. Likes el bandido, Megatron817 liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting on lnb. Ebay shows it hasn't even shipped yet. If correct, this seller needs to get his act together. No big deal since I don't feel much like messing with it right now anyway.

I'm only interested in a stationary dish at this point. But, I believe I will install a C band sized pole. (with adapters) That way I have the option to mount my old polar mount to motorize the ku dish in the future. On the lookout for a cheap pole.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Installing an offset dish onto a polar mount for a prime focus type dish and having it track the arc correctly can be a headache.

6. Thanks armadillo_115 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Installing an offset dish onto a polar mount for a prime focus type dish and having it track the arc correctly can be a headache.
    So are women.... but I ain't give up on 'em yet.

8. Likes el bandido liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LNB arrived today. Too windy to play with before tomorrow at the earliest. Temp stand blew over yesterday but luckily didn't damage the dish. Pole laid over an old riding lawnmower frame.And that was with a solid bottom foundation cinder block on top of tire base. Don't want to risk damaging the new lnb.

10. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Have not had time to mess with the ku setup. Hope to get to it before long after some of the landscaping work is completed. Haven't even broke up my garden yet, but plan to start tilling today.

Need another load (or 2) of composted horse poop and some straw. Yeah... I'm almost full of crap. lmao

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123