Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    See if an online update fixes the crash.

2. Likes Megatron817, cyberham liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've scanned the tp in question after updating online. The tp locks solidly now at 6.7 dB, nothing scans in but the box doesn't crash. So that sounds like it's fixed.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw your post and pics on satguys. My first thoughts were wow!, he's really pressing it with a 1m dish.
    Don't know if you have a bigger dish to compare but I know on mine trying to scan transponders on the fringes of footprints. Getting a lock sometimes requires a few blindscans in a row.
    And even then sometimes the tuner kind of craps out. That's using a mio4k. Meaning further blindscan tries has me rebooting the receiver. It just refuses to scan and just sits there.
    I was reading other sites pertaining to c band on 1 meter dishes. 5.8 dB here is marginal. I do get some inconsistent locks and frequent broken video and audio. The picture is kind of like it has green panels. Like a Rubik's Cube.
    By chance have you removed the scalar entirely and tried to get a signal? You mentioned that you have moved that and the lnbf all over to get the best signal.
    My thoughts are that dishes that small are always for ku and ka band reception. And cast in place scalars on those are quite small.
    Ku band on my sidecar lnbf on the big dish with down to something like 5 dB locks signal just fine and no issues at all. C band with 8-9 dB is spotty at least.
    I wonder what would happen if a person had another small dish or two and cut them with a jig saw into petals to add to the O.D. with angle brackets of a small to dish to make it appear bigger.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    ...So that sounds like it's fixed.
    I notice that the multi-satellite scan function is not working now after the update. I occasionally use this function to quickly check all C-band satellites in the arc. I prefer using single-satellite blind scan but this takes longer.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    Saw your post and pics on satguys....
    The visual quality received depends on type of signal (DVB-S / DVB-S2), modulation (QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK...etc.) and FEC value. As long as you receive at least at or near the C/N lock value for a particular tp then visual quality will be fine. On C, minimum C/N lock values can vary from 2.7 dB up to 11 dB and higher. These can be seen on Lyngsat or just be looked up on charts: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Happy to carry on discussing your comments where I posted my 1m C-band scan report.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The signal lock requirements are the same for Ku and C band (see Link below). It all depends on the modulation type and the fec.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mis-matching parts or using parts such as lnb(f)'s that are not designed for the satellite dish may cause other problems including picture break-ups, pixelation and artifacts even when the signal is above lock. There is a lot more channels and programming on Ku band than most people realize. But you won't be able to receive much unless the dish system is designed for Ku band and the proper Ku band parts are used.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey.It's an experimenters world here. Package deals like days of old are long gone for most fta guys. A 1 meter dish for c band? I'd never even believe it could be done and honestly never even gave it a thought. But. I read too much. Then again. Look at Winehouse. Maybe she should have said yes, yes yes.
    So good job Cyberski!
    As for the whole signal lock thing. Nah. Not really. At least for the mio receiver. Same mod., sr, fec. Unless it's the convoluted hard coded software. Using the receiver's signal meter I can pretty much say forget about it if c band signal isn't at least around what I stated above. No lie. Ku band.....it locks and give a good stable picture at way lower displayed signal levels.
    Look at it this way. Strings and rulers and calculations told me that my scalar "had" to "be right here". Like a good soldier I complied. Signal sucked no matter how much I tweaked the lnbf and dish geometry (prime focus, polar mount). "Under Illumination" was a sure thing. Moved the scalar back a touch and did it again. Signal eventually floored the signal meter.
    Reading is good. Yeah. Being able to do what you read (in science) is good too. That didn't get us on the moon though.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because strings, rulers, calculations and whatever else did not apply or work on a homeowner dish that is 30- 40 years old does not meant that the calculations are bogus! Calculations for finding where to place things on a satellite dish antenna are highly accurate, But the calculations are no better than what they are being used on. A satellite antenna will change as it ages, and for antennas exposed to the outside elements, the changes that come with age are not good.

Calculations where a DVB-S/S2 signal will lock or unlock is also known and again are highly accurate, depending upon the piece of equipment providing the measurements. No FTA satellite receiver is going to be highly accurate at anything when it comes to signal measurements. Some work by the manufacturer was done on the Edision 4K receivers to ensure that we got a reasonable idea of signal measurements. But there is only so much you can do with a piece of equipment that was assembled for a few dollars in parts.

Shown below is a You Tube video that demonstrates the MIO 4K receiver displaying a satellite signal below lock. The transponders used for this video are "detuned", with one channel on 91 west C band playing without errors at 2-3 db snr. Another channel on 117w C band is shown playing at around 4 db snr without errors. The DVB-S2 3/4 fec transponder in the video locks at around 4 db while the 8psk 5/6 fec transponder locks at around 10 db. The Edision MIO 4K lock values for these transponders are real close to what is calculated. Not bad at all for a cheap FTA receiver.

13. Thanks Megatron817, lme, stephan94, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    I notice that the multi-satellite scan function is not working now after the update. I occasionally use this function to quickly check all C-band satellites in the arc. I prefer using single-satellite blind scan but this takes longer.
    The multi-satellite scan function located under Manual scan should work. Do an online update again and recheck.

Today's online update also sends the correct bootlogo and corrects the drivers being listed twice in feeds.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

15. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Today's online update also sends the correct bootlogo and corrects the drivers being listed twice in feeds.
    Thank you very much, it's perfect now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edision OS mio4K and Ustym 4K Pro with TNAP-5.1 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

17. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817 liked this post