Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Don't use the Magic skin. Looks like this skin needs to be deleted from the TNAP5 feeds!

Delete this line in /etc/enigma2/settings
    config.skin.primary_skin=Magic/skin.xml

In telnet:
    Init 4
    Delete line shown above in the settings file
    init 3

2. Thanks clucas, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only tried the Magic skin because on my older Sony TV, the edges are cut off. (No way to adjust it as far as I know.) That means I don't see the last digit or letter of the menu screens and can't see the descriptions of the color buttons. I'm currently using Pd1loi-HD-night skin on TNAP 4.2 since I can at least see a partial digit or letter on the menus and partial word on the color buttons. It looks like the text size is larger on Magic too, which I liked. I'll get rid of it if it's going to be a problem. Vacation starts for me so I'll be away for a couple weeks and won't try TNAP 5 until I'm back. Thank you E.B.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are ways to resize the screen. Let me know when you come back. Enjoy your vacation!

5. Likes MikeB liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    excuse me for this question which is not directly linked to TNAP 5
    My MIO4k is completely blocked (after a flash that didn't work properly) on one of the four images of the multiboot (it remains at 99% and is blocked) so I can't take another image.
    because I no longer have access to the menu
    I knew that you can directly call up the list of the four images of the multiboot when you plug in the socket
    and pressing one or more buttons on the remote control and then being able to choose an image that works, I've unfortunately forgotten how.
    If someone could explain it to me, that would be great, because at the moment my edision is unusable.
    Edision OS mio4K and Ustym 4K Pro with TNAP-5.1 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the answer
    press menu several times when boot appears
    Edision OS mio4K and Ustym 4K Pro with TNAP-5.1 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

8. Thanks el bandido, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Online updates (10-10-2023) for TNAP 5 are available in the Software update menu of the receiver. You may also update using telnet commands opkg update && opkg upgrade

More items have been removed from the enigma2 scan files which opens up the scan. Opening up the scan will allow more channels and services to be found, but at the same time, can also allow duplicate services. This needs to be tested on different satellite dish systems. Please report any duplicate channels or other problems that are seen in scanning after this update. Thanks.

10. Thanks Megatron817, Executive thanked for this post
    Likes lme, norman881 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    117w C band is a very interesting satellite to blindscan. Seems there is a little bit of everything on this satellite. I made a blindscan video of 117w after the latest TNAP updates were installed. I don't see any duplicate channels or problems with the MIO 4K after installing these updates. A scan log is also attached.

Attached Files Attached Files

12. Thanks Megatron817, lme, Executive thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, armadillo_115 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Octagon SF8008 performs similar, but also slightly different than the current line of Edision 4K receivers.

As a comparison, Both the Mio 4K and the SF8008 will at times miss transponders with channels. The Mio4K(s) and the SF8008 will also find transponders that do not seem to exist.

The SF8008 blindscans noticeably slower than the Mio 4K receivers, but the SF8008 seems to be more consistent and logs more transponders both real and imagined.

So there are pluses and minuses to the Edision 4K receivers and the Octagon SF8008. Currently though, these are the best enigma2 blindscan receivers that I know about.

Attached are the blindscan results for 117w using the latest TNAP updates. Occasionally the SF8008 will duplicate a transponder with channels, but it is not enough to be aggravating. I haven't caught the Edision 4K receivers making duplicates yet.

The enigma2 debug has been altered as to what the scan shows in enigma2 debug log (terminal init 4 5 second pause, then [B]enigma2 [/B). Transponder results are shown at the end of the scan in the log as shown blue below:
    No Transponders left: 63 Transponders Scanned, 2 Transponders Unavailable, 61 Transponders in /etc/lamedb.
    What that means is the SF8008 found 65 transponders, 2 transponders could not be scanned for unknown reasons, and 61 transponders had channels. IMO, That is not bad!

Attached is the scan log and enigma2 debug log for the SF8008 blindscan of 117w.
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes Executive liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blind scan does seem better. Before, I was having trouble detecting all the transponders on 99W Ku-band. I even tried setting the position to 99.0 instead of 99.2 because some people say that the listings that have 99.2 are actually referring to the DirecTV satellite, but still couldn't get everything to show up every time on one scan.

16. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just downloaded TNAP5 to a spare slot. I have been using TNAP4.1. TNAP5 seems to be running fine.

I heard a rumour that if using a Hauppauge OTA USB receiver that TNAP5 will now display the SNR just like for satellites. But I find TNAP5 is the same as TNAP4.1 in this regard and only displays AGC value and BER. Anybody know if SNR readout is supported for OTA?
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast