Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Usually a jtag is not needed if the bootloader is working.
    There are exceptions. If you go off in a corner somewhere and start blindly messing with the thing, then yeah. You will probably need a jtag or a new receiver.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goes to show don't just download anything off the internet cause some people don't know what they are doing and it can damage something. You'd think the person that posted the bad Splash bin where ever it came from would have tried it them self first but apparently not.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pssst. Guess what I done did?

UNCONTROLLED LOCAL BUILD Splash screen disabled via Ctrl-S USB set to manual mode via Ctrl-U Ethernet disabled via Ctrl-E Automatic startup canceled via Ctrl-C
    [33;1m %s%s%s%s dirty BOLT v%d.%02d %s %s

Follow up tomorrow. Worked like a peach.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, Executive liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A guy has his car towed to a mechanic. The mechanic asked what happened and the guy says "Dunno. Was runnin' fine. Just would not start...'" A scan test shows the car with an overheat code, and the spark plugs are frozen so tight in the cylinder head that they have to be impacted out. A compression test shows 0 on all cylinders, with a grinding sound during cranking . The car engine is diagnosed as having been mechanically destroyed, and a 2 hour diagnostic bill for $240.00 is created.

The same guy's wife shows up the next day, pays the diagnostic bill and discusses repair options. During the repair discussion, the wife describes her husband being in a long drive thru line when alarms inside the car came on and the Engine Overheat message flashed across the screen. Then she says: " I told him to turn the car off but he said it would be ok. We barely made it home and it would not crank the next day. I don't know why he did not tell you this." "It's ok" the mechanic says. "Happens all the time. But if he would have told us what Really happened, we would not have wasted 2 hours diagnosing it."

8. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    More on the receiver later. Seriously. I'm winding down. I get obsessive. When it came alive, I was like that guy Pete. "Pete Myshants". Anyhow.
    Back in the 80's I moved to Florida. Almost immediately was offered a job from a water well driller. Pretty good mechanic, could weld, had (at the time) a chauffeurs license. Later called CDL.
    I did well for almost 10 years when I got a job offer that got me where I really needed to be. In electronics and automation. My last day, I turned in my keys and gas card. The boss wouldn't take the keys.
    Told me when and if I ever got a place and needed a well. He had me covered. No cost. Cool huh?

So one morning I get to work. Get in my tanker/welder truck to head out to the job. It was a Monday. It wouldn't start. No crank.
    Popped the hood and the damned battery was gone. Got on the 2-way and the boss came back.
    Don't worry. "TP" came in and someone stole his battery over the weekend. So he grabbed yours. I'll be there in a few minutes with a new one for you.
    "TP". Ron B. Born and bred redneck. A bragger. The best one in golf, the best bowler. Always had good "Ideals". Was going home in the evening to enjoy the "Vah-loo-ah 'polstery in his La-zee boy".
    He'd come in early afternoon. Boss would say wtf. "It's 4 o'clock tee off time, mayunnn". Or come in early and brag he knocked out a well, put a pump in, trenched the wire and pipe in to the house, And installed the tank.
    "I'm The Total Package". So he got the nickname. Total Package, Package. Or just TP.
    One day one of the guys was welding on something. Hood down and sparks flying, welder ramped up. Here comes The Total Package. Out of his truck bragging how he did and Total Package this, and Total Package that. John breaks his bead. The welder idled down. Flips his hood up and looks over. "TP.....Toilet Paper". Flips the hood down and continues welding. You had to be there. Epic.
    Remember. You got ME started!
    So anyhoo. I get my new battery in the truck and get ready to go to the jobsite.
    TP screams in on the 2-way. "Hey mayunn..I'm out here on (15 minutes away)". "And muhtruck (a real word in redneck Fl.) fukkin' overheated". "Some-unn stole muh goddamned ray-dee-yatter too".
    He takes my battery and didn't even notice the radiator gone. It was a stick, so no tranny sauce sprayed out.

The truck was a pretty nice GMC 1 ton dually with a 454. It ran the same empty or loaded to the hilt. A dog! And drank gas like who knows what.
    It got towed back. Engine seized tighter 'n you know what. And there it sat. For a couple of years.

Jerry. A Florida State Trooper. Big dude. Nice as hell. And a true cowboy redneck from Arcadia, Fl. Toted his saddle around almost everyplace and rode in rodeos.
    Came into the yard in the evening in his custom hopped-up 5.0 Mustang Po-lice Interceptor. Cracked his hood open to keep it cooler. And did his daily reports. Then he'd BS with us for a bit.
    Kept me in more 10mm auto for law enforcement use only engine block splitters than I ever cared to sail down the twists.

Jerry. Looks at that 454 often. Came in in his grubby clothes. Breaker bar, box of tools. Automatic tranny sauce and funnel. He would patiently, several times a week. Pour Dexron in the plug holes and wiggle the breaker bar on the crank snout bolt. A coupe of weeks, the motor was turning 360 degrees. Hit the stater and it spun and spit nasty tranny sauce all over.
    He slapped a set of plugs in it. Checked it over. Earl, a junkyard radiator. A shot of ether. And it started. Rattled like hell, earl gauge barely moving.
    But it ran.
    He drained the pan, put a new filter in it. Flushed it out a little with kero. And introduced 7 quarts of glorious 90W-140 gear lube. You know, the cat-pissy smelling stuff? Into the innards.
    It quieted down. Had pressure. Ran cool. Had "some" power.
    And went right by the highway freshly pressure washed with bleach mix inside and out. With a big FOR SALE sign. It was gone in 2 days. Jerry and my boss split it 50-50.
    Good times!

10. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention the real kicker. The trooper heard TP brag so much. One day he calmly looked at him and said sincerely. "TP? Torn Prophylactic. Yor daddy shoulda' rolled over and shot you out the winder".

12. Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Os Mio4k Bad Splash Unbrick
    Post Thanks / Like
    As promised.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

14. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, Executive, MikeB liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! That is pretty cool. I had an extra IR cable and cut off serial cable and traced it out and spliced both together. using my keyspan found it on com 4 and followed your instructions I got this one with the bad hdmi working again. It was that simple just ctrl s at power up with the prepared usb inserted.
    This Mio4k can still be use just have to set every thing up with owebif and then watch tv through enigma2 streaming client with Kodi or other ways of streaming. Sorry for your headaches but look at as a learning thing or more knowledge for our brains.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 08-15-2023 at 09:22 PM.

16. Likes MikeB liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does that mean you had no hdmi but you could stream?
    And you broke automatic boot with the keyboard and now after rebooting you do have hdmi?
    I know it's too late and getting the receiver working is a big rush. But did you happen to notice under normal boot what the last error message was and the cpu exception?

18. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    Does that mean you had no hdmi but you could stream?
    And you broke automatic boot with the keyboard and now after rebooting you do have hdmi?
    I know it's too late and getting the receiver working is a big rush. But did you happen to notice under normal boot what the last error message was and the cpu exception?
    No the hdmi is broke so in order to use this Mio4k is to set it up using OpenWebif. A really slow process waiting on screen refreshes to view the video that should be shown on the Tv screen but can't without an hdmi connection. Have to stream the channels once every thing is going. I didn't even read the output of the PuTTy window just had it ready with the usb stick inserted and as soon as the power was applied the PuTTy screen did start showing data and I hit Ctrl s and it did its thing. I shut it down without saving the data. Should of saved the data but wasn't thinking about that at the time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast