1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Okay
    So now we Know WHO was responsible. (It wasn't me.)
    Hardware driver support by Availink only provided a platform for the development and optimization, which you provided. Driver changes would not have occurred without your direct input and testing. Thanks el bandido! TNAP ROCKS!

2. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, MikeB, mc6809e liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how goes it with your new box? Figured giving you and Bri a little cooling down time would be best. Yeah. I understand the big bummer in getting something you think will be awesome and finding it a jaw dropper. From the other day I really hope you both at least ate your Corn Flakes before the ammonia set in. Sheesh!

You got my interest in BT 5.0 headphone support. And even though our German and other languages may be weak. "Website Translator" sites do work pretty well. So a search of E2 bluetooth headphone came up with. And buckle down, please.
    "With the Gigablue E2 receivers, for example, Bluetooth can be switched on in the openATV 6.3 under the menu item "Settings > Sound > Basic settings > Activate BT audio = On" . And under "Settings > Operation & interface > Bluetooth setup" search for and select the appropriate Bluetooth end devices for sound output."

Allrightey then. Mynonpublic shows an openatv version. Not too old for the disappointment box one. But you know that right...(statement, not a question).
    And your box looks like it has a router style web interface. With full local backup and restore functions? So what about that? Is it cool?
    Other images. How many have you managed to try? Or is the receiver full of buckshot as of this moment?
    And I saw image slots. More than 4. In one image version.

Some folks aren't too receptive to valid questions. I was surprised when the big thing with the Edision receiver and and closely space transponders was being discussed.
    Contacted Edision support in Greece and in a day or so got those drivers to try out. Did it go from "someone" to Dimitry to Edision with the NDA for the Avialink demod?
    And somebody actually did some coding? Whatever. Pretty great response. Not one, two, three things to try out. More than I expected and instructions of exactly what to do.

A serial port ain't nuttin'. A dead one is. Helped me to revive my receiver. At the chagrin of Edision who told me the port was only for logging. Well that was BS.
    What isn't BS? Having an "expensive" piece of electronics. Sat. receivers in this case. That get zapped and suddenly no signal. Why am I fixed on socketed tuners?
    Why do I despise anything Apple? Soldered in RAM, and now SSD's. *Burp*....its a toss in the bin.
    Yeah. So. Maybe, just maybe. Brands like the dreaded Gigablue 'junk' boxes may give....that somebody....as Bri mentioned. Options for saving a few hundred samolians.
    And again. The vebsiten translatten schpielerborttten (lol) search for best blindscan tuner for a <insert the most stupid receiver you can imagine>. Could have the word blue in it. Tells of the cat's ass of tuners.

I'm interested in if the DM One get's tossed the closet. Or it gets a chance.
    So. 4:2:2 is stupid. And as more and more tp. scans reveal. Multistream. Me? I don't think so much. You? Why is it to you? Yaaa, don't comment. Its cool.

I sleep damned good at night btw. My previous career proved very fruitful. R.E., asking the right questions to the right people, signing NDA's for info that ended up helping others industry wide.
    It's finding those sources and wording things correctly. With never a 'that's stukkin'-fupid'. There are no dumb questions. Slap that kiss my ass badge as much as you want to. Peace!

4. Likes el bandido, Executive liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, There were many different people that worked on the blindscan and tuner drivers for the Edision receivers. Hopefully Edision will release a new-improved product at some point in time.

My Drembox One is currently idle because I cannot find any enigma2 image worth using for it. There is an Android version for the Dreambox One that looks interesting and I may try it.

I have GigaBlue UE with FBC pluggable tuners along with the "other" DVB-S/S2 pluggable tuner My previous attempts at getting bluetooth headphones to work on this receiver failed, but maybe I should try it again using the ATV image? Thanks for the information about the ATV image for it. Maybe, Possibly bluetooth works in the Android version for the Dreambox One. I plan on finding out...

No changes for 4:2:2 or multi-stream. I don't see the Dreambox One being 4:2:2 capable as this is considered to be a processional codec in any satellite receiver. Multi-Stream channels do not currently exist for North America, or at least none exist that anyone seems to know about.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man. Sorry for the rant. Got fresh milk last night so my Wheates and coffee went down quite well.
    Sometimes you gotta' just walk away. Look at all those idle projects. Crap.
    Well. Android does have nice BT stacks. My mio4k doesn't do much with BT. So I kinda' dropped whatever undocumented stuff it was supposed to do.
    I do have an Android tab. Now dedicated as a BT receiver for my stereo. But I hate BT. Wifi DLNA. Or "cast to". Just sounds so much better and dynamic.
    But maybe a 'droid distro would be what the Dr. ordered.

Vix. On the mio. Blindscan works. But misses some tp's. Unless you actually perform multiple limited freq range scans and trim the sr. down. Then it's pretty "ok".
    Drop the TNAP tuner .ko and blindscan package into it. Damn! Good work dude. Only thing is it sometimes acts like a chinabox where no signal sends the sig. meter wild. Lock, no lock, and the meter pulses randomly to 100% then nothing.

Although it's not my pint of sammy lager.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hey I ain't nobody. Just like electrical and mechanical stuff a lot. What about a BT dongle for the DM? An option? Perhaps a search for one with Linux support and a stack supporting 'phones?
    How about (does it have???) an optical to BT adapter? How about your TV? Mine will do BT KB, mice, 'phones, soundbars.
    Or is it just a mission to get the calsarned bt on the one working? I know "those missions" quite well.

On a side note. Yeah. I'm doing the snoopy dance still getting my mio4k freed from borkville. Seeing the supply chain sucks and the Fatman jacks prices to his liking. I was freaking. Out!
    A dude "just" sent me. Just like what a rush. His mio4k+. it's on satguys. Dead HDMI, webif ok. Port undamaged. PC board connections solid. Different cables, displays. It works but no video at all.
    Got it stripped to the board. No shorted caps. All that crap of a prelim. check. It even flashed an image and the display shows it's ready for a resolution check. Fine.
    Noticed the processor was running what i'd call too damned hot. Probed the HDMI signals. A few were dead.
    Those TVS esd diode arrays. Right before the hdmi connector pins. Same, but different than ones on X-Boxes (noooo NOT your ex the antichrist) Playstations.
    Got the datasheet. Found a couple of funky ones. And never ran across this type ever before.
    A little 10 pin cock-a-roach looking thing. A few with shorts to ground. So I yanked them. Okay. With hot air and Amtech flux on a preheater plate.
    Plugged it the hell back in. It booted. The processor ran cool. 10 minutes and it was warm. Nothing like the 160F it was. No hot components.
    Going to probe the signals later on. And when Fed-Ex comes by hopefully try my first bout of using solder paste to bridge the traces where the roaches lived. Better than running jumpers. Tiny shit there.
    Root for me. If the bridges work, will order the TVS arrays for it.
    Haha, Or it's buckshot time!

Here ya go!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes Executive, MikeB liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless something changes,
    There is not going to be any support for the Dreamone or any "Open" enigma2 image that will be useful in North America. Anything is possible, but this fancy receiver is junk for my uses in North America. The Dreamone has been nothing but a waste of time and a waste of money for me. Time to shelve it unless something unforeseen happens. Maybe one day something will be available for it. But the time it takes will probably be measured in years instead of months.

9. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12