1. Collapse Details
    Polarization on 77° W
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello,

I got a question I've been wondering about and research leaves me stumped.

I can see channels coming from 77° W. However, according to tvrosat there are only 4 of them. But I'm blind scanning 10 of them ever since they started to transmitted 77° W. LyngSat doesn't even show these channels.

On top of that TVROSAT states that the polarization is 'L'. But as far as I understand my lnb only supports H & V. Some research lead me to believe that I need a special feedhorn to receive L or R polarized signals. But this doesn't appear to be the case in my situation.

So, what's going on exactly?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What channels do you think you see on 77° W? Please list the exact channel names and include their transponder Frequency, Polarization, and Symbol Rate.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two types of polarization used on satellites, one is call "Linear" polarization, the other called "Circular" polarization.

Linear is used on most FTA satellites like Galaxy 19 at 97W, there you have Horizontal and Vertical polarization's, it also used on most "C" band satellites.

Now Circular polarization (Right and Left) is used on the Dish, Dish Mexico and Bell satellites, you would need a different type of LNB to see that type of polarization, these satellites are encrypted and you should not see any channel programming.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes WilburSmith liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    There are two types of polarization used on satellites, one is call "Linear" polarization, the other called "Circular" polarization.

Linear is used on most FTA satellites like Galaxy 19 at 97W, there you have Horizontal and Vertical polarization's, it also used on most "C" band satellites.

Now Circular polarization (Right and Left) is used on the Dish, Dish Mexico and Bell satellites, you would need a different type of LNB to see that type of polarization, these satellites are encrypted and you should not see any channel programming.
    As I mentioned above TVROSAT lists 4 channels for 77W. All 4 are FTA as well. They have a L polarization and I receive all four. My question is why? No, I'm not hacking!

LyngSat lists the DishMexico sats you were speaking about buy fails to mention the four on TVROSAT.

Nonetheless, I was curious why I receive L polarized signals.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What means "think you see" ? Thanks

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilburSmith View Post
    As I mentioned above TVROSAT lists 4 channels for 77W. All 4 are FTA as well. They have a L polarization and I receive all four. My question is why? No, I'm not hacking!

LyngSat lists the DishMexico sats you were speaking about buy fails to mention the four on TVROSAT.

Nonetheless, I was curious why I receive L polarized signals.

Maybe because of your geographical position:
    probabilly the person who scanned/reported the channels on Lyng, doesn't has a geographical position to receive this tp.
    Nihil sine Deo !

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilburSmith View Post
    What means "think you see" ? Thanks
    Exactly what it means. What do you THINK you see???

Without providing any information about the channels or transponders you found, it is a mystery to everyone else. It is common to assume or think what satellite you are on. Information on TVROSAT, Lyngsat, or any other satellite listing site is not always accurate.

9. Likes lme liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Exactly what it means. What do you THINK you see???

Without providing any information about the channels or transponders you found, it is a mystery to everyone else. It is common to assume or think what satellite you are on. Information on TVROSAT, Lyngsat, or any other satellite listing site is not always accurate.
    Can you define your definition of "What do you THINK you see". Thanks

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, This has gone far enough.
    If you don't want to answer simple questions, then don't ask simple questions. This is getting to the point of laziness or you will just provide whatever information you think is needed. Tons of information about polarities and how much signal you will lose between linear and circular signals is on the internet. In the future, if you want to ask questions on this forum, then be prepared to supply the information needed to answer them whether you think it is necessary or not.

12. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Polarization on 77° W Continued
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All!

I recently asked a question about L polarized channels I found on 77W.

I was stumped when asked by el bandido "What channels do you think you see on 77° W? " because I know what my eyeballs were seeing.

In a reply to Terryl I showed a screenshot of the information I found on tvrosat and it's these channels I'm able to scan. I'm just curious to know about why there listed as 'L' polarized.

elbandido closed my thread saying I was lazy and don't want to provide information but I don't agree with that comment because I did share a screenshot from tvrosat that shows what I'm talking about.

Somewhere along the line tempers flared up and I don't understand why?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast