1. Collapse Details
    Edision Mio+ DVBS2X vs DVBS2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am monitoring 81W 12010 V 13333. I find I can receive and lock onto a stable 10 dB data transponder here on 24/7 using Tuner A (DVB-S2X) but using Tuner B (DVB-S2) I receive nothing. I can't even tell there is a fairly strong transponder on that frequency. I recall encountering this years ago when monitoring a data transponder on 22W. Same results I'm seeing now on 81W. I had a different Mio+ box in those years.

Am I right to conclude that there is nothing wrong with my receiver but simply that there are some transponders which DVB-S2X can handle whereas DVB-S2 can't?
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVB-S2X could be thought of as an extension of DVB-S2. DVB-S2X Is not defined in Linux TV as of today. Vu+ (Bless Their Hearts) defined DVB-S2X in their Factory images which made DVB-S2X transponders display correctly as DVB-S2X.

Enigma2 images mostly do not have provisions needed to properly identify DVB-S2X transponders, so the DVB-S2X transponders are shown as DVB-S2 in most enigma2 images.

The FEC is different in DVB-S2X. Most enigma2 images identify the DVB-S2X FEC as "Auto".

Having said this, Any DVB-S2 transponder that has a FEC of "Auto" in a blindscan may be DVB-S2X. The transponder you mention may be DVB-S2X which would explain Why the other tuner does not show a signal. The second tuner in the MIO+ receiver is a poor performer when compared to the first satellite tuner. So your transponder may not be DVB-S2X after all. It just may be in a format that the second tuner cannot understand or is not capable of receiving.

3. Likes ArloG liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The data transponder on 81W is identified with an auto FEC. The transponder is important since it's the only full-time tp on 81W. Now that I've zeroed the fixed dish on 81W it's no longer important if I can receive the data transponder. This is why I've put my system back on Tuner A now with the fixed dish on Tuner B. I would have paid the extra for a better quality Tuner B.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will see DVB-S auto fec on a regular basis. But DVB-S@, FEC auto makes somewhat of a case that the signal is really DVB-S2X. I wish LinuxTV would update to include DVB-S2X. The image groups say they will not do it until Linux TV does...