1. Collapse Details
    Edision OS Mio+ Receiver A No Output Voltage
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    After working flawlessly for over 10 months (still under warranty), today my Receiver A of my Mio+ stopped working. I have measured the output voltage on Receiver A and there is none. I compared to Receiver B which has 13 volts (V transponder) and 19 volts (H transponder).

The way I discovered the problem was that Receiver A stopped moving my USALS motor. Receiver B moves it without issue. I use the motor all the time.

I also have always followed the habit of physically unplugging the Edision from AC power any time I connect or disconnect the dish feedlines.

My question: Is there any chance this could be a software issue that can be rectified? Or is this most certainly a hardware issue that can only be resolved by repairing the hardware?
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try it with a different image and restore NOTHING! Contact the seller about warranty if that does not fix it.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    After working flawlessly for over 10 months (still under warranty), today my Receiver A of my Mio+ stopped working. I have measured the output voltage on Receiver A and there is none. I compared to Receiver B which has 13 volts (V transponder) and 19 volts (H transponder).

The way I discovered the problem was that Receiver A stopped moving my USALS motor. Receiver B moves it without issue. I use the motor all the time.

I also have always followed the habit of physically unplugging the Edision from AC power any time I connect or disconnect the dish feedlines.

My question: Is there any chance this could be a software issue that can be rectified? Or is this most certainly a hardware issue that can only be resolved by repairing the hardware?
    I would try a different power brick on it FIRST. Maybe swap in the one from the other receiver that's working.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Try it with a different image and restore NOTHING! Contact the seller about warranty if that does not fix it.
    Thanks for the prompt suggestion. I began to try changing the image and I noticed that Receiver A was working! Perhaps I had the configuration wrong. For example, at one point I noticed I had set Toneburst to 'A' instead of what I meant to configure DiSEqC 1.0 command to Port A. I don't think this was the cause of my problem. It's just an example of how you can easily mess things up.

The best thing when things go majorly wrong is to set them aside and come back later when your thoughts are more clear. I've got both receivers working now.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 1-metre motorized dish (150W+ to 81W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

7. Thanks el bandido, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, sattech64 liked this post
    Kiss My Ass sattech64 You Kissed My Ass for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I would try a different power brick on it FIRST. Maybe swap in the one from the other receiver that's working.
    Mine is the Mio+ with two receivers. So there is only one AC adapter involved. Anyway, I got it working again now.

9. Likes MikeB liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may have found the real source of my problem today. And it has nothing to do with the Edision. It looks like when my dish goes to the eastern extreme of its USALS journey, then the flaky RG-6 connector on the cable at the motor gets "exercised". This unreliable connection may be just enough to cause intermittent delivery of voltage to the motor. Also, it could explain why lately sometimes I'll be watching a channel and the signal just disappears...then reappears. I need to change the cable which is an easy fix when the weather improves.

11. Thanks el bandido, sattech64 thanked for this post
    Likes sattech64 liked this post
    Kiss My Ass sattech64 You Kissed My Ass for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please disregard my inappropriate comment in the Thanks box ! This stupid mouse added what I sure didn't want to add !
    I couldn't find a way to retract the comment
    Backwoods FTA
    No OTA, Well Actually one carrier now

13. Thanks el bandido, Costactc thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Don't ya hate when the mice don't do as they're told?