Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just curious... what android version is your tv?

I tried 2.17 on my android 13 phone and it works fine on non-drm channels. On the six drm channels in my area, only two work correctly. But from what I have read, they are in the process of getting certified by the $$$ folks.

I still believe the cpu type and memory makes a difference in how android performs in all tasks. My tv is an older 4 core cpu, while my phone is an 8 core and faster rated cpu. The player is much more responsive on my phone than my tv. The full scan is faster on the phone (130 channels) than on the tv. Using other android programs (like x-plore) on the phone and on the tv. one can see the difference in operation.

If they continue to keep releasing improvements, I'll be a happy camper.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV is android 11. no problems with other apps on this tv.
    Nihil sine Deo !

3. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the time, make a .ts video showing the tuning problems on your tv and send it to support. This way they will be able to get an idea of what doesn't work on the various android platforms and maybe they can resolve issues much quicker.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you mean to do a video of the tv screen with the phone showing the buffering message ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, using the hdtv player recording function. When you email it to them, indicate the channel number, the frequency (mhz), android version and the brand of phone in the file name.

On mine, on prior versions, when it used to buffer, I would select the channel, let it buffer, then exit the player, wait a second or two, then restart the player, then start the recording. Eventually, the buffering message would disappear and be replaced with a large circle. This sequence usually recorded enough information to email to support.

If the file is too large to send with your email client, you can use wetransfer.com as an alternative. It's free and you do not have to sign up.

Good luck!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was having some problems with channel changes. Some channels would be dark when I changed to them and I would have stop, then restart the app to make them work. I sent Tom some videos showing this problem and he sent me .apk 217d which pretty much fixed the channel change issues! It is good to see improvements being made instead of excuses. More work in other areas is still needed but as a whole, the HDTV Mate seems headed in a very good direction. It may even become famous if they keep working at it (DRM).

8. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's good to see a quick response when issues exist with a product. He sent me version b and c last week and a day after he received the requested videos, he sent me version d. Sent him requested signal strength videos and hopefully the next version might be a good fix.

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Version 2.18 Is on Google Play.
    Probably always best to uninstall the old version of the app, then install the newer version instead of upgrading existing app.

2.18 Is much improved. There are still a few things to fix, but the progress that has been made with the HDTV Mate is very Impressive to me!

12. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Version 2.18 Is on Google Play.
    Probably always best to uninstall the old version of the app, then install the newer version instead of upgrading existing app.

2.18 Is much improved. There are still a few things to fix, but the progress that has been made with the HDTV Mate is very Impressive to me!
    After 2.18 update, it froze my android 11, google tv !!! I had to unplug, remove gt mate & plug back the tv to be able to use it !!!
    Nihil sine Deo !

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you uninstall the old HDTV Mate app First and then load 2.18 as a new app???

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast