Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Click on the link at it opens right up for me... Point is moot as the version is wrong.

Download the usb version from the link below. Extract it and put the osmio4k folder with the files that the folder contains onto a usb drive. Insert usb drive into receiver. Power receiver ON and follow onscreen instructions.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate you taking the time to work with me on this, the issue remains, have had this box a couple of years, it's not a big deal. I will keep trying things, I just wanted to thank you again, helping me.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see the download screen I have been talking about??? This screen would be seen right at the beginning of boot.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir it was always there, after loading/ restoring an image is when the screen would go black.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the screen I am talking about:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you see that screen then you ought to be able to load the image. Multiboot images Will Not Work in this screen!!!
    An osmio4k folder will likely trigger this screen to appear in booting. But it will not work if the correct files are not in the folder!

7. Likes MikeB liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is the screen we are talking about, everything is normal until after it loads an image it does not matter which image. I can view all the options and setting thru Webif, just not on the TV. It's very strange to me.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK then the HDMI port is dead, Yes?
    Everything works correctly in webif but nothing in HDMI?

Have you tried changing resolutions in webif? I doubt it helps. Maybe try changing the resolution to 720p 50 Hz and see if the HDMI works. You would have to do this thru webif of course.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I was grasping at straws, hoping it was not the port. It displays fine at start up and while it's doing the restore, then when loading the image a black screen. Thanks for everything.

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Darkness,

I ran into a similar problem a while ago, and one trick that worked in most cases was this:
    - boot up the receiver
    - once it's up, navigate to Setup - System - Audio/Video - AV Settings (since the display is not working, either do this blind (menu-up-up-ok-ok-ok-ok on TNAP 4.2), or use the remote emulator in WebIF)
    - change the resolution, press green, but when it asks for confirmation, click on no
    - on my receiver the display usually starts working at that point, after a few seconds
    - it seems to come down to HDMI negociation between TV and receiver, and this does not work with my old Sony (from 2006) but works with all my other TVs

of course the problem might be different in your case, but it's worth a try...

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12