1. Collapse Details
    Help Recovering My OS MIO 4K From a Bootloop
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Last night I was watching a Pluto channel and when it went to a commercial the screen turned black as it usually does, I moved the channel up and down in order to restore the video. But instead of the video coming back up a green screen came up with this message:

We are really sorry. Your set top box encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted. Please send the log file/temp/enigma2_crash.log to the OpenPli forum. Your STB restarts in 10 seconds.

Close failed in the object destructor. ID Error (Error22) Invalid argument

Close failed in the object destructor. ID Error (Error22) Invalid argument

I was using TNAP 4.2 when the receiver crashed but I was able to reboot in TNAP 4.0 by pushing the menu button repeatedly after unplugging and plugging the receiver back in. One thing I noticed when it was looping was that just for a brief second a popup window came up to tell me it was going to starting a timed recording. After I was able to boot up in 4.0 I checked my recordings and saw that it did try to record Newhart many times, every time it tried to bootup I guess. I don't know if the timed recording has anything to do with the crash or not?

Another thing I noticed is, if I try to do a normal restart while in TNAP 4.0 it boots back up into 4.2.

Do I need to reinstall 4.2 or is there something else I can do to fix this issue? I do have a backup of 4.2 that I did a while back on a usb stick if I need it.

Thanks
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really no clue without seeing the crash log. Then maybe no clue with the log.

Sometimes when rebooting between images, the receiver will boot into something else on a reboot instead of the current slot. To fix this, go into multi-boot and reboot to the current slot. Doing this one time should fix it.

For the rest of the stuff, try reloading the image and see if that fixes it.

4. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

I didn't have to reload the image. I unplugged the receiver, inserted the usb stick with 4.2, plugged it back in and 4.2 loaded successfully.
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post