Octagon released an updated version of the SF8008 about a month ago. This updated version is called the SF8008 Supreme. The main difference from the previous SF8008 model is the Sf8008 Supreme has provisions for an internal solid state drive or hard drive.

Another difference is the tuner - demod combination. The Octagon SF8008 identifies the tuner as Silabs, si2166D. The SF8008 Supreme identifies the tuner as Avalink, AVL62X1. The SF8008 Supreme also has better wifi capability, but really, other than these items, nothing else is different.

The SF8008 Supreme needs a bit of work. The Supreme blindscan is not as good as the SF8008, and the Supreme is not capable of receiving transponders with a symbol rate less than (about) 1000. The SF8008 is capable of receiving transponders with symbol rates less than 300.

It should be noted that Octagon will be busy with other projects until around 02-20-2024. The SF8008 Supreme will probably not receive any factory type modifications or updates until at least the end of this month. From what I have seen so far, and my few days of using the SF8008 Supreme, the receiver is stable enough, but it just does not operate or function as well in some areas as the SF8008.

DREAMPORTUGAL will be selling the SF8008 Supreme, and this would be my recommend and preferred location for purchasing this receiver in the United States.

Currently the Sf8008 and the SF8008 Supreme share the same enigma2 image. These two receivers also share the same remote, which can be good or bad, depending on your application of the receiver.

I have only had the SF8008 Supreme for a few days, and have not had much free time to test it. More information about this receiver should follow in this thread. SF8008 Supreme updates and modifications are also expected, but they are not guaranteed. Do Not Buy the SF8008 Supreme unless you are happy with the way it performs now because factory updates for it may never come.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, I would give the Sf8008 Supreme a 7. Yes, there are things that need work, but overall, it is just an updated version of the SF8008.