Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks, will try it and hopefully it will fix the issue.

Is this a Supreme issue or does it affect the older 8008's too?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to be a SF8008 issue period. We will see what your results are, but I was having problems using User defined 10600 X 3 in Antenna setup. Universal worked fine, and my hack for the 5750 lnb worked fine. So it took a bit to understand what the problem is. I expect the 10750 lnb to be fixed, but if it isn't then we will do something else.

3. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't tried the universal yet, thought I would stick with user defined x3 for now.

1- Deleted all 99 ku transponders
    2- init 4
    3- Copied plugin.py to receiver
    4- Reboot

Using user defined 10750 x3, blind scanned 99 ku and:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Then did a manual scan and it found:

When I first received the receiver, I setup the motorized ku sats on tuner B. I encountered this same problem using blind scan. I initially had to use manual scan to setup all the ku sats on tuner B.

On tuner A, I setup my fixed ku sat dishes and the blind scan seems to work fine.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Haven't tried the universal yet, thought I would stick with user defined x3 for now.

1- Deleted all 99 ku transponders
    From Where did you delete the transponders? What file?
    In Menu--->Information--->About, What version is your enigma2? It should be 3-5-2024.

Decide on one lnb setting and either tuner A or B and stay with it and we may can fix it. The file that would be most helpful is not included. The scan file with all of the transponders , shown in picture number 3(26 transponders scanned) would be most helpful. A scan log is created for every scan even when no channels or services are found. That 26 transponders scan log would tell exactly what is happening.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted from Satellites channel selection which is the green button and then selected 99 ku sat.

"Decide on one lnb setting and either tuner A or B and stay with it and we may can fix it"

Only one tuner (tuner B) is being used for 99 ku since initial setup.

Image info:

The image #3 shows that nothing was found. The attached zipped files in prior post #63 were the files found in the TMP directory. No other files were found that you indicate. Prior to any new scans, I now delete prior files in order to start with a clean TMP directory to avoid any confusion.
    Last edited by eastof111; 03-07-2024 at 03:54 PM.

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please do an online update or in telnet type opkg update && opkg upgrade. We need to see if the updates change anything.

See if you have this path: /media/usb. If you do the make a ServiceScan folder, the path being: /media/usb/ServiceScan. All of your scan logs will dump into the ServiceScan folder. The ServiceScan name has to be exact and is case sensitive.

I can try to figure out the problem from that 99W transponder screenshot, but a scan log even if empty makes life easier because the transponder information is in it. Maybe the enigma2 update will fix it...

9. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to install a 10750 lnb onto the 1.2 meter dish. Let's see what needs to be done...

11. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, will upgrade TNAP and do a blind scan using the 10750 x3 selection.

Earlier this evening I tried the ATV image and upgraded image to latest packages. Did a blind scan with the 10750 x3 selection and it found nothing. Switched selection to circular lnb and it blind scanned fine. I guess ATV needs a little updating in their blind scan code.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF8008 Supreme is a fairly new model, only being on the market now for a couple of months. DVB-S Blindscan is only used by a small group of users, so it is doubtful OpenATV, OpenVix..etc even knows about the 10750 l.o. problem. Universal lnb blindscan works. The 10750 lnb which is used mainly in North America is having problems which means hardly anyone knows this problem exists.

I found the lnb setting KU STD 10750 ( same as ATV Circular) worked fine without any modifications to the blindscan code. This setting also works for you in the ATV image. The modified blindscan plugin.py I attached earlier Does Not work on any 10750 lnb setting in blindscan. To revert and dump this code, Delete the blindscan plugin using the Plugin menu, then reinstall the Blindscan plugin, again in the Plugin menu. That is the easiest way to dump it. Update the receiver, then the KU STD 10750 setting should work in blindscan.

With the modified code, the lnb setting of 10600 X 3 works fine, whereas in the unmodified blindscan plugin.py , this setting does not work. The Circular 10750 lnb setting is shared with Russia, and our problem most likely lies in that area of the blindscan plugin code. ....Very confusing for me.

15. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2008 Enigma2 blindscan plugin supported only the Universal type lnb. No other lnb types existed in blindscan. A few years later, Huevos added a math routine to convert Universal lnb frequencies to C band frequencies in the blindscan plugin.

Today, we still use math to convert Universal lnb frequencies to something else, whether it be a Standard, 10750 l.o. lnb or a 5750 C band l.o. Some blindscan binaries have added C band 5151 l.o to their blindscan output so no need for math conversions when using a C band lnb with blindscan binaries that support it.

Octagon SF8008 and SF8008 Supreme support Universal and C band 5150 l.o. lnbs in their blindscan binary. Any other lnb l.o. besides these two types will require a math conversion. Octagon SF8008 and SF8008 Supreme also have Orbit position stuffed into their blindscan binary so the blindscan binary may read the transponders from the satellites.xml that you are blindscanning.

Here is what the blindscan command translates to for the SF8008 models:
    cmd = start freq, end freq, start symbol rate value, stop symbol rate value, polarization, high or low band, frontend id, nim socket id, c band scan (yes or No), orbit position

My SF8008 Supreme and Sf8008 were having problems with certain Ku satellites returning c band frequencies. Tuner A is set for C band and Tuner B is set for Ku band. A Ku blindscan of 129 west would return c band frequencies, and a Ku blindscan of 117w would return c band frequencies. This happened with the tuner A antenna disconnected, and it also happened using the blindscan commands in terminal, which completely bypasses the blindscan plugin.

Then it was found that correct Ku frequencies were returned IF the orbit was changed. So somehow, some way, it seems the Octagon blindscan binary was changing the found frequencies to c band based on the orbit, or based on the transponders in that orbit location? Go figure...

As a repair to make the blindscan return the correct frequency band, the orbit location in blindscan has been fixed at 3601, which should equal nothing with transponders. This fix will be permanent unless it is found to cause problems.

Another online update is available online for the Supreme, and it should be installed for best scan results.

17. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817, skink thanked for this post
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast