Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    What is the make/model of the lnb on the motorized dish?

Have you checked for proper operation of the motorized dish by using a barrel connector to temporarily eliminate the switch? In other words, does the motorized system work correctly without the switch installed?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The LNB is a GEOSATpro UL2PLL UNIVERSAL Phase Lock Loop Linear Ku LNBF. I will check that. I will test the system without the switch first. That is what I should have done from the beginning. I will test it and let you know about the results.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Just for the records. I finally got the correct setup. This switch is a combination of committed and uncommitted switches. I found a recommendation from other switch manufacturer and "adapted" it to the DiseqC command sequence of mine. See attached pictures.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Megatron817 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent Work! Good to see that you found a solution! Hopefully your work will benefit someone else.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope so!!!

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I hope you put the motor before the switch or you may run into problems further down the road.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ran switches in front of Ku motors before and didn't have any problems with it. I also put a milliamp meter inline to see how much current the motor pulled when running. The motor running does not draw much current when running, something like 50-100 milliamps. But you may see a brief spike around 200-350 milliamps when the motor starts a 1.2 meter dish on the lowest end of the satellite arc. The bottom line is these types of motors just don't draw as much current as some think they do.

And I also agree that the motor should not have a switch between it and the receiver. But this is a hobby and things are not always done the way they are supposed to be.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering. During motor activation does the lnbf power shut off?

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    Wondering. During motor activation does the lnbf power shut off?
    Does the lnb power shut off when the actuator motor is moving on your c band dish? This stuff is setup the same and does not care about the band. So the answer is No.

Consumer lnb(f)s do not need much power to operate. Commercial DRO lnb types usually use less power than Commercial PLL types. Some commercial lnbs(2) may require more power than the receiver is capable of producing. Most fta satellite ku dishes will have a cheap dro or cheap homeowner type pll lnb. So no need to worry with turning lnb power off for motor moves. Turning lnb power off would just be something else that can go wrong in the system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123