Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    I loaded the current TNAP5.1 image fresh. Tested. Problem still there. I then started stepping back in time loading each image fresh. 0427: bad. 0412: Good! The feature works if I load 0412 with no updates. Then I online updated 0412: Bad.
    I'll let you figure out why but here's the news. The Start Dish Motor feature is now working completely on the latest image (0505) including displaying the correct dB level in the Blind Scan window. Not related to solving this, I reconfigured my whole system to put the motor on Tuner B and a fixed dish on Tuner A. This is probably temporary since Tuner A is superior and I'll likely change the motor back to Tuner A later. Perhaps because of this, or because I flashed an older image (0412) that allowed the feature to work, I now have it working even on the latest image.

I'm getting to like this feature. Now...if we could have some way to select a list of satellites in advance to blind scan then we could walk away and come back later to all the blind scan results.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    So what's wrong with just parking your dish on the sat that you wish to scan and doing it? That's how I've always done it.
    Just like the dish aim tweaker plugin. I found that if you use it and it bumps the dish back and forth searching for the strongest signal.
    It can screw up the rest of the reference counts for the rest of your stored positions. Having you going through and manually peaking signals and storing the new position.
    Or just going into the dish controller and resetting the zero reference.
    I'm all for sending the goto command and letting the dish stop. And then scanning. Crazy, ain't it!
    "evly machine a-have it rimitation"
    TNAP and most other images are designed for Motorized Satellite Systems that are not broken or need of repair.
    Fix your dish system and you will not have these problems!

Now I gotta ask:
    Why are you even bothering to post in this thread? You have berated about the TNAP image not living up to your personal expectations and have berated other images because the channel guide does not equal what a pay satellite receiver has. So why post in this thread? You don't use the TNAP image, you don't like the TNAP image ...etc. Are you bored or just Trolling?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    More efforts to improve blindscan signal. Online Software Update for Edision.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Thanks lme, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll let you figure out why but here's the news...
    A little more news. I reversed my programming: motor is back on Tuner A and fixed dish is on Tuner B. Problem has returned.

ADDED: Just did the online updates. Problem gone. Conincidence?
    Last edited by cyberham; 05-07-2024 at 09:15 PM.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little more news. I reversed my programming: motor is back on Tuner A and fixed dish is on Tuner B. Problem has returned.
    Per Post#123,
    Did you Notice there is an online update??? Menu--->Setup--->Software update. See if that fixes it. Thanks for your efforts!

8. Thanks cyberham thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Per Post#123,
    Did you Notice there is an online update??? Menu--->Setup--->Software update. See if that fixes it. Thanks for your efforts!
    Yes. I installed and issue is resolved.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I installed and issue is resolved.
    There is One issue left.
    Octagon SF8008 has only one signal to deal with. Edision has three. Signal levels for Edision are different in T2MI and Non-T2MI drivers. What about Tuner 2 in the Edision MIO+? What does it show?

With the last Blindscan update installed, Can you set up tuner 2 as a motorized dish for about 3 satellites and tell me what the signal shows as compared to what it should be when the dish motor starts. If we can get the signal values for tuner 2 we can calibrate it.

Thanks.

11. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...If we can get the signal values for tuner 2 we can calibrate it....
    With Tuner B configured with the motor, the Start Dish Motor function moves the dish correctly but there are no readings.
    129W: Blind Scan screen shows 0 dB. Should be 12.0 dB.
    123W: Blind Scan screen shows 0 dB. Should be 12.0 dB.
    117W: Blind Scan screen shows 0 dB. Should be 10.4 dB.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we meed the values being outputted. and do the following:

Go to signal finder and tune the first transponder 117w. Note the signal value.
    Telnet to the receiver
    cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    enter this command to see what the blindscan plugin thinks the transponder signal values are.
    python Dvbcsvb.py
    Copy what the above command outputs. and then also copy what the value for the transponder is in signal finder.

If we have what the blindscan thinks the signal is compared to what the signal really is, then we can make a somewhat usable value to be outputted in blindscan plugin.

You may repeat this for the other 2 satellites.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Copy what the above command outputs. and then also copy what the value for the transponder is in signal finder....
    117W:
    BitError 0; Status 31; SNR 458.74; Strength 41942
    Signal Finder: 10.5 dB

123W:
    BitError 0; Status 31; SNR 439.08; Strength 39976
    Signal Finder: 10.2 dB

129W:
    BitError 0; Status 31; SNR 537.38; Strength 44563
    Signal Finder: 12.4 dB

16. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post