Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I notice Media Player no longer works. If I click it in the Menu, the spinning wheel starts and the box is completely locked. I must remove DC plug on rear panel to restart the box. I've tried this twice.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Media Player works on SF8008. I will see about Edision.

Please do the online Software update and see if the changes to Blindscan Plugin work on tuner 2 for signal in db.
    Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    ..see if the changes to Blindscan Plugin work on tuner 2 for signal in db....
    Reading reported for 129W is 1209 dB. Similar for other two satellites. The number needs to be divided by 100.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please do the online Software update (Again). See if the math is correct. Thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please do the online Software update (Again). See if the math is correct. Thanks.
    Numbers are good!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!
    Seems like it is working in Edision like it has been working in SF8008 Supreme.

Now you should be able to blindscan across two motorized tuners, and select position to blindscan on either tuner without getting unwanted motor movement.

You should be able to blindscan feed satellites such as 89 west c band from any position or any tuner. The ideas about moving the dish to the target satellite and then blindscanning it are great until you run into satellites that have no active channels. Sometimes there are good things to watch on 89w. Other times it is empty. 87west c band is similar.

Anyway, I guess we can say the signal id in blindscan plugin is working now for everyone. Thanks for having the patience to test it.

10. Thanks lme thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    I notice Media Player no longer works. If I click it in the Menu, the spinning wheel starts and the box is completely locked. I must remove DC plug on rear panel to restart the box. I've tried this twice.
    Media Player opens, loads files, plays files...etc in SF8008 Supreme.
    Media Player opens, shows folders...etc., but cannot play files in OSMIO4k because no video files are available. Otherwise, it seems to work in the MIO.

IF you continue to have problems with it, then make a debug log in telnet by doing the following commands:
    init 4
    ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=5 enigma2 > /tmp/debug.log 2>&1

Now run the Media Player and let it lock up. Then get the log from the receiver, /tmp/debug.log, zip it and attach it.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... zip it and attach it.
    Attached.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ADDED: I really don't use the media player anymore. I used to use it to stream TV channels from around the world by loading m3u files onto Edision. But now, using the plugin Freearhey, I download the streaming files and just play them on the Edision like a satellite channel. So I can also record them too for time shifting if I choose. But I'm just curious why the Media Player causes the Edision to lock up.
    Last edited by cyberham; 05-08-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314