Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know why the encoding is up there, or what happens if a different encoding is used, or if No encoding is used. As long as everything runs OK, then do not worry about it. But if you have problems, try to remember the satellites.xml is not set the same as the build.

2. Thanks lme thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I do not know why the encoding is up there, or what happens if a different encoding is used, or if No encoding is used. As long as everything runs OK, then do not worry about it. But if you have problems, try to remember the satellites.xml is not set the same as the build.
    Slightly off topic....
    I've been using the Vix supported site [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for many years to create satellite,xml files. It provides both UTF-8 and iso8859-1 formats. Guessing the encoding header is for stb and dvb cards, there doesn't appear to be an explanation of difference in formats. See comparative xmls.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There is also a good lamedb to satellite.xml converter tool one can use to compare a lamedb file to a satellite.xml file for missing items.

4. Thanks el bandido, lme thanked for this post